Thread: Interaction at Walworth County Republican meeting.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Interaction at Walworth County Republican meeting.

This past Thursday I went to the monthly meeting of the Walworth County Republicans at the Monte Carlo Room in Elkhorn. It has a class-b liquor license so I 1st got permission from the manager.

I sat down in the back and after the meeting started, a man sat down next to me. I was wearing my sidearm and my WCI 'Guns save lives' button. He says 'I like your button, personally, my favorite quote is "An armed society is a polite society"'. I looked at him and realized it was Justice Michael Gableman, of the WI Supreme Court. He was the featured speaker that night.

Representative Tyler August gave a report on the goings on in Madison and took questions. I asked about the status of Constitutional Carry. He indicated it was going to be worked on. I had provided his office a copy of 'our' suggested legislation.

When the meeting broke up, I went over to Walworth County Sheriff David Graves, and shook his hand. He asked what kind of gun I had, I showed him my Taurus 9mm and he pulled back his jacket and showed me his Kahr 9mm. We chatted for a couple moments.

Talked to a few people that didn't know open carry was legal, as a matter of fact, one guy told me to go hide because Sheriff Graves was there and would arrest me.

Overall several good interactions with some influential people.
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 03-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Walworth meeting

SUPER!!! Two thumbs up paul.

It is always good to hear a LEO who supports our rights and isn't afraid of the law abiding.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thumbs up A most excellent report

A Most Excellent Report Paul - Most Excellent. Thanks for sharing it.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Thanks for representing Paul. I wish we could get a serious Republican presence in Kenosha, Its dominated by Dems.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    It is always good to hear a LEO who supports our rights and isn't afraid of the law abiding.
    Ummm, if we could get the rest of our government to fear armed law abiding citizens, we would be following the path that our founding fathers had intended.

That's some outstanding news Paul, thanks for sharing that
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Hats off to you Paul, you represent us very well.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    This past Thursday I went to the monthly meeting of the Walworth County Republicans at the Monte Carlo Room in Elkhorn. It has a class-b liquor license so I 1st got permission from the manager.

I sat down in the back and after the meeting started, a man sat down next to me. I was wearing my sidearm and my WCI 'Guns save lives' button. He says 'I like your button, personally, my favorite quote is "An armed society is a polite society"'. I looked at him and realized it was Justice Michael Gableman, of the WI Supreme Court. He was the featured speaker that night.

Representative Tyler August gave a report on the goings on in Madison and took questions. I asked about the status of Constitutional Carry. He indicated it was going to be worked on. I had provided his office a copy of 'our' suggested legislation.

When the meeting broke up, I went over to Walworth County Sheriff David Graves, and shook his hand. He asked what kind of gun I had, I showed him my Taurus 9mm and he pulled back his jacket and showed me his Kahr 9mm. We chatted for a couple moments.

Talked to a few people that didn't know open carry was legal, as a matter of fact, one guy told me to go hide because Sheriff Graves was there and would arrest me.

Overall several good interactions with some influential people.
    GO HIDE!! What are they nuts?? I'm standing in the check out line at woodmans last week,with a Middle age couple behind me talking about my side arm. Wheni Hear this other guy,which is standing behind them say, he's ok, he's Open Carrying. I turn around an there' stand an Oak Creek LEO! Gave him smile an nod of Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by range rat View Post
    I turn around an there' stand an Oak Creek LEO! Gave him smile an nod of Thanks..
    You didn't happen to catch the name on his tag? One of the Oak Creek officers I've known since 3rd grade through high school.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Just had to say thank you, Paul...

Thanks Paul! I really appreciate you getting our name and purpose out to the places and people that you do.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Thanks for representing Paul. I wish we could get a serious Republican presence in Kenosha, Its dominated by Dems.
    I am on the North Side of Milwaukee... I feel for ya Oak.

Great job, AGAIN, Paul. Keep it up, and we just might get it done right (the law), on the first try!