• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interaction at Walworth County Republican meeting.

paul@paul-fisher.com

This past Thursday I went to the monthly meeting of the Walworth County Republicans at the Monte Carlo Room in Elkhorn. It has a class-b liquor license so I 1st got permission from the manager.

I sat down in the back and after the meeting started, a man sat down next to me. I was wearing my sidearm and my WCI 'Guns save lives' button. He says 'I like your button, personally, my favorite quote is "An armed society is a polite society"'. I looked at him and realized it was Justice Michael Gableman, of the WI Supreme Court. He was the featured speaker that night.

Representative Tyler August gave a report on the goings on in Madison and took questions. I asked about the status of Constitutional Carry. He indicated it was going to be worked on. I had provided his office a copy of 'our' suggested legislation.

When the meeting broke up, I went over to Walworth County Sheriff David Graves, and shook his hand. He asked what kind of gun I had, I showed him my Taurus 9mm and he pulled back his jacket and showed me his Kahr 9mm. We chatted for a couple moments.

Talked to a few people that didn't know open carry was legal, as a matter of fact, one guy told me to go hide because Sheriff Graves was there and would arrest me.

Overall several good interactions with some influential people.

Last edited:

protias

It is always good to hear a LEO who supports our rights and isn't afraid of the law abiding.

oak1971

Thanks for representing Paul. I wish we could get a serious Republican presence in Kenosha, Its dominated by Dems.:cuss:

XDFDE45

That's some outstanding news Paul, thanks for sharing that
eusa_clap.gif

range rat

This past Thursday I went to the monthly meeting of the Walworth County Republicans at the Monte Carlo Room in Elkhorn. It has a class-b liquor license so I 1st got permission from the manager.

I sat down in the back and after the meeting started, a man sat down next to me. I was wearing my sidearm and my WCI 'Guns save lives' button. He says 'I like your button, personally, my favorite quote is "An armed society is a polite society"'. I looked at him and realized it was Justice Michael Gableman, of the WI Supreme Court. He was the featured speaker that night.

Representative Tyler August gave a report on the goings on in Madison and took questions. I asked about the status of Constitutional Carry. He indicated it was going to be worked on. I had provided his office a copy of 'our' suggested legislation.

When the meeting broke up, I went over to Walworth County Sheriff David Graves, and shook his hand. He asked what kind of gun I had, I showed him my Taurus 9mm and he pulled back his jacket and showed me his Kahr 9mm. We chatted for a couple moments.

Talked to a few people that didn't know open carry was legal, as a matter of fact, one guy told me to go hide because Sheriff Graves was there and would arrest me.

Overall several good interactions with some influential people.

GO HIDE!! What are they nuts?? I'm standing in the check out line at woodmans last week,with a Middle age couple behind me talking about my side arm. Wheni Hear this other guy,which is standing behind them say, he's ok, he's Open Carrying. I turn around an there' stand an Oak Creek LEO! Gave him smile an nod of Thanks..

AaronS

Thanks for representing Paul. I wish we could get a serious Republican presence in Kenosha, Its dominated by Dems.:cuss:
I am on the North Side of Milwaukee... I feel for ya Oak.

Great job, AGAIN, Paul. Keep it up, and we just might get it done right (the law), on the first try!