Thread: Perfect example of biased reporting

Centreville, VA

Perfect example of biased reporting

This reporter who admitted to me that she had an anti-gun bias before writing the article still breached the journalistic standards of not having a conflict of interest with the subject she was reporting on. She also did not attend the events she was reporting so going based purely on hearsay from the brady campaign about what happened.

On a piece supposedly about open carry, its amazing how 90% of the quotes come from the brady campaign...

You can see a copy of the email interactions with this reporter to see how ignorant her questions were and yet still did not print the correct information about the event.

Here is the article for your entertainment:

PRK, East County San Diego
    I like this reply by "Catch a Wave"
    Catch A Wave
    12:04pm on Sunday, March 6, 2011
    Peter the truth hurts doesn't it? Do you dispute that the hate groups I mentioned are among the most dedicated advocates of firearm ownership in this country? In my opinion, one can tell a great deal about someone by the company they keep. As a Jew I would think about that. I can't conceive of a circumstance where one would find common ground with the Nazis. I wouldn't.

When it comes to gun advocacy, you are in the same pot. Own it.
    Really? I seem to remember a guy named Hitler who advocated gun control.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Sandy Eggo County
    Catch a Wave has taken trolling to an art form.

Oakley, California, United States
    yes he has, but its fun to tug on his strings.

Suwannee County, FL
    Link him to JPFO for the ultimate troll.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Lost Angeles, California, USA
    ...we are freeing men from the responsiblities of freedom, which only a few men can bare.

Der Fuhrer Adolph Hitler

We cant be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans...that we are unable to think about reality

Der President Bill Clinton

From sheriff Mack's book: From my cold dead fingers. A book we should all read.
    Last edited by PaleoCon; 03-06-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar
    Cupertino, California, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I found it odd they mentioned where the open carrier worked but not the Brady peoples place of employment.
    It's not odd. It's a character reference, one Harley made on purpose I'm sure

But I'd also concede (based on her email) that it could also be an attempt to make things uncomfortable for him at his place of employment.