Thread: How to carry in NV when they don't honor my CWP

How to carry in NV when they don't honor my CWP

I was wondering if anyone could answer as to why NV does not honor my CWP from MS.

Will I have to unload and lock it up travelling through/in this State???

Does this mean I have to OC in NV to be legal even with my permit ???

Just getting ducks in a row for upcoming "visit".

If MS CC permit = not valid in NV, then, uh, OC is your only option. Yes.

Besides, why would you want to CC when you have the opportunity to do so much better?
    Last edited by ixtow; 03-06-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Activist Member
    Loaded open carry is legal, you don't need to lock it up.

You can have the gun anywhere in your car, just not concealed upon your person. You can carry it openly on your person or have it loaded somewhere in the car off your person.

Nevada law provides no protection against concealment charges for carrying a gun in a locked case, so the only way to transport it on foot is openly.

If your permit is not recognized, it is the same as not having a permit at all. Carrying concealed without a permit is felony.

Hopefully after this legislative session Nevada will allow concealed carry without a permit.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 03-06-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Will be "travelling through".
    May have to stop for rest or business.

(Truck Driver)

Our state isn't one you really need to worry about then. If it's CA that you're traveling to, then that's the one you need to worry about.

Basically, just don't conceal it on your person. Have a great time while your in our great state.
    Last edited by Sabotage70; 03-06-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

I am a truck driver also, and have OCed in most of the truck stops in the southern half of the state without one hiccup. Expect to talk to alot of other truuckers though as they wanna know what kinda license you have, I carry a pocket constitution, and just whip that out on em.... FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    Our state isn't one you really need to worry about then. If it's CA that you're traveling to, then that's the one you need to worry about.

Basically, just don't conceal it on your person. Have a great time while your in our great state.
    actually CA is better then NV on this
    issue, lets imagine you don't want to open carry because the attention it draws or like the wife is giving you grief-
    or you are on a motorcycle and do not have a glove compartment. NV law is kind of screwy, even unloaded and locked in a case would still be illegal. ( unless its FOPA & your traveling, not stopping ) but in CA locked unloaded concealed carry is legal. ( as long as you do not have mags over ten rounds )

Quote Originally Posted by chrsjhnsn View Post
    issue, lets imagine you don't want to open carry because the attention it draws or like the wife is giving you grief-
    or you are on a motorcycle and do not have a glove compartment. NV law is kind of screwy, even unloaded and locked in a case would still be illegal. ( unless its FOPA & your traveling, not stopping ) but in CA locked unloaded concealed carry is legal. ( as long as you do not have mags over ten rounds )
    You lost me on that one. I NV as long as it is not on your person the concealed and locked is ok. On a bike in a saddle bag is not on your person.

28kfps
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    You lost me on that one. I NV as long as it is not on your person the concealed and locked is ok. On a bike in a saddle bag is not on your person.
    Yep vegassteve I am also lost. My understanding if a person is legally able to purchase a firearm the NV gun laws not including the normal stay out areas, Schools, Airport and so on. One can carry a fully loaded gun anywhere hidden or in plain view while on or in their personal mode of transportation. No locks, no permit unless it is actually concealed on the person. I am pretty sure if in CA a CA LEO sees a loaded gun in the set next to the driver they would have dramatically different reaction than if in NV a NV LEO sees the same gun.

Quote Originally Posted by chrsjhnsn View Post
    Whew! Lost me too.

Especially this:
    NV law ... even unloaded and locked in a case would still be illegal.
    THAT simply is not true.

(I won't comment on Calif law as I'm admittedly not all that familiar with it - and I try to avoid being in Calif.)

Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    Whew! Lost me too.

Especially this: THAT simply is not true.

(I won't comment on Calif law as I'm admittedly not all that familiar with it - and I try to avoid being in Calif.)
    I think they were implying that carrying the gun, unloaded, and locked in a case is illegal. Which IS true. However, if they were implying something different, such as transporting in a vehicle that way, then both my assumption of their implication and their statement is in fact wrong.