Thread: Bianchi 7500 too much for open carry?

Bianchi 7500 too much for open carry?

Is the Bianchi 7500 pictured above too big/cop like for open carry? It was not my first choice, but one of the few holsters that met my requirements.

Want:
    1) Paddle
    2) Some type of retention
    3) Able to fit both SA XD9 4" and 3"
    4) Inexpensive
    5) Able to get quickly (not months out)

I have a Blackhawk (Serpa maybe?), but I just do not like the release on it. Open carrying is a limited option for me now, so it's not something I can really get used to. My finger always ends up dangerously close on the trigger when I rush it and it's not something I want to chance.

I can get the Bianchi for about $44 http://www.opticsplanet.net/bianchi-...and-18838.html

Any other choices or opinions? I would most likely be wearing this on the weak side or a paddle holster similar to the Accumold material if I could find it.
    Last edited by lancers; 03-06-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Adding to the list

Activist Member
    I don't see how that holster looks any more like a cop holster than any other holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Felid`Maximus View Post
    I don't see how that holster looks any more like a cop holster than any other holster.
    That is good to hear. Maybe it is the thumb break that is making me think that way?

No, it's fine.

If you start going with the basket weave and a shiny 2"+ belt, we might have to talk.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

That is the only holster I can get left handed for my Bersa .380. Fobus dont make one and couldnt find a blackhawk. My new Bersa 40 fits in as well.

I didnt think i would like the thumb break but it opens so easily. I did put a stick on felt pad on the inside snap so's not to rub the finish off my gun. Plus it offers alot more 'weather' protection for me since I travel alot on a motorcycle. Its very secure. I never really care what others think of me or what I carry. I carry to suit me.

Its a b!tch to find a left hand paddle. That is why I have this one.

Lots of cops do use that holster. So what? A good holster is a good holster. That one has a good reputation for standing up to wear.