• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bianchi 7500 too much for open carry?

lancers

opplanet-bianchi-7500-accumold-paddle-holster-black-right-hand-18838.jpg

Is the Bianchi 7500 pictured above too big/cop like for open carry? It was not my first choice, but one of the few holsters that met my requirements.

Want:
1) Paddle
2) Some type of retention
3) Able to fit both SA XD9 4" and 3"
4) Inexpensive
5) Able to get quickly (not months out)

I have a Blackhawk (Serpa maybe?), but I just do not like the release on it. Open carrying is a limited option for me now, so it's not something I can really get used to. My finger always ends up dangerously close on the trigger when I rush it and it's not something I want to chance.

I can get the Bianchi for about $44 http://www.opticsplanet.net/bianchi-7500-accumold-paddle-holster-black-right-hand-18838.html

Any other choices or opinions? I would most likely be wearing this on the weak side or a paddle holster similar to the Accumold material if I could find it.
sf6909.jpg

Last edited:

sultan62

No, it's fine.

If you start going with the basket weave and a shiny 2"+ belt, we might have to talk. :lol:

hogeaterf6

That is the only holster I can get left handed for my Bersa .380. Fobus dont make one and couldnt find a blackhawk. My new Bersa 40 fits in as well.

I didnt think i would like the thumb break but it opens so easily. I did put a stick on felt pad on the inside snap so's not to rub the finish off my gun. Plus it offers alot more 'weather' protection for me since I travel alot on a motorcycle. Its very secure. I never really care what others think of me or what I carry. I carry to suit me.

Its a b!tch to find a left hand paddle. That is why I have this one.

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
Lots of cops do use that holster. So what? A good holster is a good holster. That one has a good reputation for standing up to wear.