• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WOO HOO Wally World!!

JC_Biggs

Hope i dont get someone fired for this... but i usually go to wal-marts on sunday. (they get truck on sat here) and get 2 boxes from each store. Well i go today and the guy was like "what you need", i was like "federal 40" not mentioning i wanted 2, cuz i just assummed he would know and hand me 2 like normal. he ask me "how many" and i was like "all of em" joking, thinking he would know i was joking because of the 2 case limit...well, he must of been new, or didnt care...cuz he gave me all of em LMAO.. 8 cases of fresh 40 federal on the counter :banana: .. so then, im like... :idea: hmmmmm, :idea: "do you have any in winchester? .."yep, 3 cases left".." ok ill take those as well, and also 2 cases of 9mm...

i would just like to thank this wonderful wal-mart employee for allowing me to spend my entire weekly allowance in one stop.... " u da man" :lol:

Nevada carrier

I usually go to wally world every payday to get 2 x 100 pack boxes of federal .223 but lately some jack-waggon has been stalking their truck and buying them out every day. When I say buying them out, I mean buying all 50 boxes they get on every truck that comes in. ****!

Last edited:

JC_Biggs

yeah i go every sunday and get (usually) 4 boxes.. but i have been and not been able to get any in 40.. when that happens, i usually use that money to copper to make my own bullets for reloading. really the only reason i buy bullets at all now instead of just doing reloads is cuz i need more cases

DevinWKuska

WTH? 2 box limit? is this a wally world rule or is that law in the carolinas? Pfft... 2 boxes of anything and I am asking where the rest of the case is... If its a law can they limit online purchases?

sultan62

WTH? 2 box limit? is this a wally world rule or is that law in the carolinas? Pfft... 2 boxes of anything and I am asking where the rest of the case is... If its a law can they limit online purchases?

Neither to my knowledge, they had a limit going on when ammo was extremely scarce after Obama was elected, but other than that I haven't seen anything to that effect.

khicks

it depends on the area you live in. i do think wally world makes there own shortages by restricting the available ammo in one state and ship the rest to others

hrdware

At my local Wal-mart, the limit is 6 boxes. It seems that folks were going in and buying them out just to take it to the gun show and sell it for twice the price.

tak2w

They limit you to 6 boxes per person, per day at the Wally-World here in Greenville, NC. They have a sign up that says that this is out of courtesy to their other customers, or something like that. They never have any 9mm or .380, and hardly ever have any .223 when I go in....but I usually go on Saturday. I'll start checking on Sunday now....thanks for the tip. (Although, the guy there last time I was in said they hadn't gotten any .380 in for 4-5 weeks.)

Jack House

The rule for Wal-Mart is 6 boxes per person per day. The rule is hard coded into the Sporting Goods registers. But not so on any of the others. If you go at night when Sporting Goods is 'closed' you might be able to buy more than six without issue. As the person working Sporting Goods may not know about the limit, the cashiers wont know the limit unless they themselves buy ammo. Going during the day, it's possible to get lucky and find someone willing to sell you more than 6. I know someone like that at one of the walmarts somewhere in Central Texas.

For me, Wal-Mart is the cheapest place to buy ammo, whether a single brick or bulk. So I buy all my ammo there.

Tawnos

Huh, after getting gouged at front sight for the hundred rounds I was short, went to wally world in Vegas and stocked up (while OCing :D). They had no issue with me buying 12 boxes of 9mm, so it must be regional.

rodbender

Went to Wally World once with a six box limit. Had a friend with me and I notice they had a shelf full of 100 rd. .40X165 gr. and .45X230 gr. Win range ammo. I bought 6 boxes of each with 2 different cards, went walking around and my buddy bought six boxes of each with my cards. The guy says he's off in 5 minutes, so we walk around a bit more then do the same to the next person. Wound up with 42 100 rd. boxes of .40 and 44 100 rd. boxes of .45. I don't need to buy ammo for a while yet, but I keep looking for the deals because the price will go up with all of this economics stuff so unstable. Damn that cart was hard to push, so we transferrred it to 2 carts.

waapl01

6 box limit at Wally World

Went to Wally World once with a six box limit. Had a friend with me and I notice they had a shelf full of 100 rd. .40X165 gr. and .45X230 gr. Win range ammo. I bought 6 boxes of each with 2 different cards, went walking around and my buddy bought six boxes of each with my cards. The guy says he's off in 5 minutes, so we walk around a bit more then do the same to the next person. Wound up with 42 100 rd. boxes of .40 and 44 100 rd. boxes of .45. I don't need to buy ammo for a while yet, but I keep looking for the deals because the price will go up with all of this economics stuff so unstable. Damn that cart was hard to push, so we transferrred it to 2 carts.

@ Rodbender, If i'm not mistaken the 6 box limit has been lifted, at least here in virginia beach. should be a walmart corporate policy with all the walmarts, but can't say for sure. Problem i have is some tell me they can't sell ammo after 10 pm. the day manager in the sports dept says thats bs, he says their just lazy and don't want to hunt the key down to the ammo cabinet. Same here got enuf ammo to last awhile but still look for deals.

Last edited: