• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I The Only One That Questions CADL's Motives?

What do you think?

• Total voters

eastmeyers

I am seriously starting to believe, especially with them now claiming OC is brandishing, that CADL is only doing this to get press. I believe they KNOW they are going to loose, and are just trying to drag MOC through the mud, make MOC loose money, and try to make OC look bad to the public.

PDinDetroit

Nope.

They are trying anything they can, but are just digging themselves a deeper hole.

Sanity is when you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, you stop digging which CADL is not doing.

Should have a choice for "CADL really does not know what they are doing", so I voted you were paranoid instead. :)

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

I am seriously starting to believe, especially with them now claiming OC is brandishing, that CADL is only doing this to get press. I believe they KNOW they are going to loose, and are just trying to drag MOC through the mud, make MOC loose money, and try to make OC look bad to the public.
I think the CADL is a trial balloon to see if it is possible to circumvent existing law with the hopes of having an "authority" declared above State law... which would enable any "authority" to ban guns anywhere within the State.

And make no mistake... if it is shown that an "authority" is above State law every township, village, city, and whistle stop, will create a bunch of "authorities" who's first order of business will be to ban guns... all guns including guns carried under a CPL... within the "authorities" jurisdiction.

Then, within a few very short months, the entire State of Michigan will be blanketed with "authorities"... and all guns will be banned everywhere within the entire State.

I would suspect that some township "authorities" would ban guns and the carrying of guns anywhere within the township except upon property you actually own.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
flawed poll... i can't vote for both option 2 and 3 :dude:

btw... i'm not sure that either the upholding or dismissal of a TRO will qualify as case law. in order for case law to be established, i believe we there would need to be an actual trial, as opposed to a simple hearing.
but... i'm not a lawyer.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

I have checked CADL and could NOT FIND ONE PRO GUN BOOK in the entire system just anti gun stuff so guess where they stand on liberty.
Very interesting... would it be provable that they only have anti gun literature available?

Does a public library have the discretion and legal ability to control what books will be made available to the public? Do they effectively have the power to censure what information the public has access to?

Does MOC's attorneys know about this tid bit of information?

PDinDetroit

Very interesting... would it be provable that they only have anti gun literature available?

Does a public library have the discretion and legal ability to control what books will be made available to the public? Do they effectively have the power to censure what information the public has access to?

Does MOC's attorneys know about this tid bit of information?

I have made the lawyers aware.

I do believe that there are Gunsmithing Books available there, someone had mentioned this in a previous posting.

Someone also checked into if a book could be donated, like "My Parents Open Carry", and donated books apparently do not make it to the shelf and are sold to help fund the library.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
flawed poll... i can't vote for both option 2 and 3 :dude:

btw... i'm not sure that either the upholding or dismissal of a TRO will qualify as case law. in order for case law to be established, i believe we there would need to be an actual trial, as opposed to a simple hearing.
but... i'm not a lawyer.

The TRO was just to stop the activity (OC) until the judge could rule on whether a library is a school, that an authority does not fall under preemption, and that OC is brandishing.

SO this has far reaching consequences for all gun owners.

Last edited:

TheQ

I have made the lawyers aware.

I do believe that there are Gunsmithing Books available there, someone had mentioned this in a previous posting.

Someone also checked into if a book could be donated, like "My Parents Open Carry", and donated books apparently do not make it to the shelf and are sold to help fund the library.

I loaned ABCs of reloading there. OCd picking it up (before the shotgun) -- no issues. OCd returning it (after shotgun) -- got kicked out.

stainless1911

Banned
I think the CADL is a trial balloon to see if it is possible to circumvent existing law with the hopes of having an "authority" declared above State law... which would enable any "authority" to ban guns anywhere within the State.

And make no mistake... if it is shown that an "authority" is above State law every township, village, city, and whistle stop, will create a bunch of "authorities" who's first order of business will be to ban guns... all guns including guns carried under a CPL... within the "authorities" jurisdiction.

Then, within a few very short months, the entire State of Michigan will be blanketed with "authorities"... and all guns will be banned everywhere within the entire State.

I would suspect that some township "authorities" would ban guns and the carrying of guns anywhere within the township except upon property you actually own.

Once again, he nails it, nutin but net.

eastmeyers

Alright we only have 27 votes y'all! Lets get this moving! We have less than four and a half hours before, our first (of most likely more than one) court dates of CADL ~VS~ MOC.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
Easy Rider

+1

Or we won't have OC. I don't see that happening, but freedom is an illusion that "they" are tiring of, and now have the power to eliminate systematically.

George Hanson "Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."
.springerdave.

lapeer20m

It is impossible to see into the minds of others. I am sure cadl does not see themselves as an evil tyrant trying to restrict individual liberty. Cadl has a different perspective and legal opinion than we do when it comes to firearms in public. Fear and ignorance are the reasons the cadl director wants to ban possession of firearms. Not because he is evil, just because he obviously has a different perspective.

Cadl thinks they have a legal argument, and so fAr the judge has agreed with them. Nobody likes to be wrong. Well educated people, As I assume the director of the library is, especially do not like when lay folk like us try to inform them that they are wrong.

Ego is also a big factor.

B

Bikenut

Good point. Educated folk are supposed to be educated, especially if they are associated with a library, an educational cashe if you will, this level of ignorance should never go unaddressed.
Let us not confuse "educated" with "wise" for it is the "wise" who understand how to use their "education" but it is the merely "educated" who think they know it all... and act like it too.

Last edited by a moderator: