Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good experience today, (Sunday) at the capitol

Good experience today, (Sunday) at the capitol

Went up to the capitol to see the riff-raff...and whether or not theyd moved one...Wife and I were standing there and a State Patrol officer comes up and starts 'hasseling' me about wearing shorts...He told me hes not fan of long pants either and wears shorts when ever possible also...we chatted for about 15 mins then asked if we were goign to go into the capitol building...I looked at my wife and asked her if she was going to...i look at the trooper and said, 'I cant go in, Im armed' ...He looked down at me and said he didnt even notice it....he told me hes all for OC and is aware that CC isnt far behind. Was a very good interaction.

McX
    were you required to show a permit for your shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i think it depends on how white his legs are you know public nuisance and all..........

lol..legs arent to white...i DO wear shorts all year round...i guess thats why no one notices the side arm...they awestruck by my legs. ;-) or their just afraid that i am whacked and have a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Went up to the capitol to see the riff-raff...and whether or not theyd moved one...Wife and I were standing there and a State Patrol officer comes up and starts 'hasseling' me about wearing shorts...He told me hes not fan of long pants either and wears shorts when ever possible also...we chatted for about 15 mins then asked if we were goign to go into the capitol building...I looked at my wife and asked her if she was going to...i look at the trooper and said, 'I cant go in, Im armed' ...He looked down at me and said he didnt even notice it....he told me hes all for OC and is aware that CC isnt far behind. Was a very good interaction.
    That makes one of us that had a good experience with WSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Permits? We don't need any stinkin permits!
    Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post
    i think it depends on how white his legs are you know public nuisance and all..........
    Totality of the circumstances!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

It's nice to hear about the positive LEO encounters that have been happening, just wish they would ALL start realizing that there is nothing wrong with law abiding citizens who choose to not be victims and exercise their right to keep and bear arms.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    I am more of a 'Speedo and cowboy boots" type of guy. But it is really difficult to find a proper holster for my attire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    I am more of a 'Speedo and cowboy boots" type of guy. But it is really difficult to find a proper holster for my attire.
    As Mae West said, "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

Everything gets done around my homestead in boxers and crocks. If someone is brave enough to pull up my driveway, they deserve to see what they might! Only akward moment was when a neighbor and her daughter pulled up selling Girl Scout Cookies.

very cool !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I thought the Speedo WAS the holster?

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

It's not the shorts...

... it's the socks with sandals and blinding white legs!

Think of the children!

... there ought to be a law ...
    Last edited by Lord Sega; 03-07-2011 at 02:38 PM.

I thought the speedo was the holster...
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Nut, that was totally uncalled for.

Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Hanging out in boxers is how I do it as well. My dad is in his worn out Fruit of the Looms though, and no matter how long I am exposed to it - it's still unsettling.

With my boxers, I like to carry my XD in the leather holster and custom belt. I just like the look and feel of leather against skin. Wow, that sounded odd.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Arghh!

Quote Originally Posted by opusd2 View Post
    Hanging out in boxers is how I do it as well. My dad is in his worn out Fruit of the Looms though, and no matter how long I am exposed to it - it's still unsettling.

With my boxers, I like to carry my XD in the leather holster and custom belt. I just like the look and feel of leather against skin. Wow, that sounded odd.
    Arghh; I wish I didn't have such a vivid imagination....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

LoL if there was ever a thread that required brain bleach...

Sam, for once I'm actually glad I've only got one eye<g>

I also recently had a good interaction with what may have been a trooper, I'm not exactly sure he was on a bicycle and had a jacket with minimal markings. He approached and said what's with the gun, is this an Open Carry thing. We chatted a little bit and he stated clearly he was just asking, wasn't detaining, and he understood and respected the 2nd amendments and rights. I thanked him for being respectful and professional. He then said he will likely follow me for a while. I told him he was free to do that, and I had no problem with that. He passed me a couple times then seemed to disappear. It was a very public place. Then a short time later there was a different interaction. Might share more later.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

You are such a tease motofixxer!

There's.......complications!!!
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

oh oh,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    There's.......complications!!!
    I hope their wasnt a "totality of circumstances" kind of complications.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I hope their wasnt a "totality of circumstances" kind of complications.
    Agreed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast