• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good experience today, (Sunday) at the capitol

GlockRDH

Went up to the capitol to see the riff-raff...and whether or not theyd moved one...Wife and I were standing there and a State Patrol officer comes up and starts 'hasseling' me about wearing shorts...He told me hes not fan of long pants either and wears shorts when ever possible also...we chatted for about 15 mins then asked if we were goign to go into the capitol building...I looked at my wife and asked her if she was going to...i look at the trooper and said, 'I cant go in, Im armed' ...He looked down at me and said he didnt even notice it....he told me hes all for OC and is aware that CC isnt far behind. Was a very good interaction.

protias

Went up to the capitol to see the riff-raff...and whether or not theyd moved one...Wife and I were standing there and a State Patrol officer comes up and starts 'hasseling' me about wearing shorts...He told me hes not fan of long pants either and wears shorts when ever possible also...we chatted for about 15 mins then asked if we were goign to go into the capitol building...I looked at my wife and asked her if she was going to...i look at the trooper and said, 'I cant go in, Im armed' ...He looked down at me and said he didnt even notice it....he told me hes all for OC and is aware that CC isnt far behind. Was a very good interaction.
That makes one of us that had a good experience with WSP.
were you required to show a permit for your shorts?
Permits? We don't need any stinkin permits!
i think it depends on how white his legs are you know public nuisance and all..........:lol:
Totality of the circumstances! :lol:

XDFDE45

It's nice to hear about the positive LEO encounters that have been happening, just wish they would ALL start realizing that there is nothing wrong with law abiding citizens who choose to not be victims and exercise their right to keep and bear arms.

metalman383

Everything gets done around my homestead in boxers and crocks. If someone is brave enough to pull up my driveway, they deserve to see what they might! Only akward moment was when a neighbor and her daughter pulled up selling Girl Scout Cookies.

protias

I am more of a 'Speedo and cowboy boots" type of guy. But it is really difficult to find a proper holster for my attire.

goggles.jpg

Lord Sega

It's not the shorts...

... it's the socks with sandals and blinding white legs!

Think of the children!

tourist-in-hawaiian-shirt-sandals-white-socks-240ls070110.jpg

... there ought to be a law ...

Last edited:

opusd2

Hanging out in boxers is how I do it as well. My dad is in his worn out Fruit of the Looms though, and no matter how long I am exposed to it - it's still unsettling.

With my boxers, I like to carry my XD in the leather holster and custom belt. I just like the look and feel of leather against skin. Wow, that sounded odd.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Arghh!

Hanging out in boxers is how I do it as well. My dad is in his worn out Fruit of the Looms though, and no matter how long I am exposed to it - it's still unsettling.

With my boxers, I like to carry my XD in the leather holster and custom belt. I just like the look and feel of leather against skin. Wow, that sounded odd.
Arghh; I wish I didn't have such a vivid imagination.... :eek: :shocker:

Wolf1477

LoL if there was ever a thread that required brain bleach...

Sam, for once I'm actually glad I've only got one eye<g>