• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What gives you the right to carry a gun with all these kids nearby ?

Lovenox

What is the name of this great institution so that the members of the board may donate to it if in the area?

Jeff Hayes

WIN!

So, yeah, I really really hate kids running around in restaurants.

Seriously. If they can't be made to behave, don't take them out of their cage... er house. :lol:

There is no excuse for out of control kids or dogs. There is a direct coralation between a kid or a dogs behavior and the quality of parenting. If the kids or dogs are out of control the parent/owner has not done his/her job. I could take my kids anywhere after about age 3 without problems. When I coached kids sports teams I had a lot of parents over the years ask me how I got little Johnny or Susan to listen to me, they were mostly clueless about their own children.

Lovenox

My gun must be broken cause anytime kids are around that dammed thing never goes off and its past its warranty!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
My gun must be broken cause anytime kids are around that dammed thing never goes off and its past its warranty!

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

All of my 1911s have yet to spontaneously go into full-auto mode, each round finding the skull of a small child.

They must be defective.

DEROS72

Excelent Bill,same line that guy gave me in the safeway a while back,"What gives you the right to carry a gun in a Safeway.. pretty typical.You left them no where to go because you were right they were wrong.

mark-in-texas

Kind of off topic, but I'll share another story about out of control kids....
I've worked retail for better than 20 yrs so I've seen a lot. This one's a doozy....A 5-6 yr old boy went in to such a fit when his mom said 'no' to an item he wanted to have that he halled off and hit her; closed fist, solid impact! She did NOTHING!! If I had done that to my mom, it would have taken me 3 to 4 days to even remember my last name!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
There is no excuse for out of control kids or dogs. There is a direct coralation between a kid or a dogs behavior and the quality of parenting. If the kids or dogs are out of control the parent/owner has not done his/her job. I could take my kids anywhere after about age 3 without problems. When I coached kids sports teams I had a lot of parents over the years ask me how I got little Johnny or Susan to listen to me, they were mostly clueless about their own children.

+1

Since my kids were old enough to walk they were taken to antique stores, galleries, museums and the like... they were taught and I modeled how to look with my hands clasped behind my back. For over 15 years I have taken my girls to the antique stores in Port Townsend once or twice a year. A few years back a shop owner remembered my girls and thanked us for their behavior.

HandyHamlet

For the first time in who knows how long those eunuchs were out from under the oppression of their miserably cantankerous wives. They were so desperate to remember what having a spine was like they misjudged the OP as an easy mark. The weaker of the two (if that's possible) pushes the other forward. He half heartedly feigns concern for the hell spawn spewing throughout the restaurant. In less effort than it takes to toss a snot rag into a bin he is denied.

There will be no spines for the eunuchs on this day.

:lol:

KBCraig

So, yeah, I really really hate kids running around in restaurants.

Seriously. If they can't be made to behave, don't take them out of their cage... er house. :lol:
One of the first cultural differences I noticed about Germany, is that they leave the kids at home and take the dog out to dinner.

My first exposure to this was my first full night in country, being shown around by my sponsor. We'd been enjoying a great meal when the couple at the next table got up to leave... which was the first I was aware that they had a German Shepherd Dog with them. He'd been curled up under the table the entire time.

He was well behaved, but he did give my plate a good eyeballin' on the way by...

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
One of the first cultural differences I noticed about Germany, is that they leave the kids at home and take the dog out to dinner...

We'd been enjoying a great meal when the couple at the next table got up to leave... which was the first I was aware that they had a German Shepherd Dog with them. He'd been curled up under the table the entire time.

He was well behaved, but he did give my plate a good eyeballin' on the way by...

Cuter, and more well-behaved! Can't ask for much more than that. :p

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
"The same document that gives you the right to ask me that question."

Very good. +1

Also, "No, you've got it backwards. Its because we have guns that we still have rights."

Or, "Since I've got the gun, I am the one who says what my rights are."

Or, "The gun is the license. Just try taking it from me and see what happens."

Although, maybe those last two are a little extreme for a panty-wetter dad with a bunch of kids around. He's liable to take it the wrong way and say you threatened him.

Last edited:

amzbrady

WIN!

By the way, since we were talking about muslims earlier, and I got a little shrill in their general defense, I'll share an anecdote. Y'all can get a taste of exactly how PC I can be! :p

I was eating in an Indian restaurant in San Francisco, and a Muslim couple came in with their kid (yes, I'm sure they were Muslim, they had on all their religious paraphernalia).

Nothing unusual there, but once they started eating their kid got bored and started running around the place.

. :lol:

SNIP... I'm not too familiar with muslims, and their eating habits. Does the comma go here "...but once they started eating their kid, got bored and started running around the place". OR here "...but once they started eating, their kid got bored and started running around the place".
:lol::lol:
I dont blame you for getting up and saying something. I would like to do that everytime I see one of our South of the border friends move up here and walk out of a restroom without washing their hands and go to the buffet, or when I see grown South of the border man walking around in public with his finger in his nose. These must be acceptable practices in Mexico, But here we wash hands, dont pick our nose in public and brush our teeth. Grosses me out and I leave resturaunts.

"The same document that gives you the right to ask me that question."

Swat, just wanted to let you know I'm gonna steal your line... That is a perfect answer...:banana:

Metalhead47

... so what's the name of this pizza joint with the oh-so-reasonable staff, so that we can all quietly give them a little business when we're passing thru Quincy? Or is Pizza all the name they need in a lil' town like Quincy? ;)

amlevin

For the first time in who knows how long those eunuchs were out from under the oppression of their miserably cantankerous wives. They were so desperate to remember what having a spine was like they misjudged the OP as an easy mark. The weaker of the two (if that's possible) pushes the other forward. He half heartedly feigns concern for the hell spawn spewing throughout the restaurant. In less effort than it takes to toss a snot rag into a bin he is denied.

There will be no spines for the eunuchs on this day.

More likely than not, one of the Wives probably spotted the gun and ORDERED her husband to "Go do something about THAT". Me merely brought someone along for courage.