Thread: I just watched "John Q" for the first time...

I just watched "John Q" for the first time...

I'd heard a lot of good things about this movie & thought I'd enjoy it.

All I can say is WOW!! It's got to be one of the biggest propaganda movies ever made. Both for federal healthcare AND anti-gun...

I really enjoyed the movie personally, one of my favorites.

On a completely unrelated note, I was just reminded that the Red Dawn remake has been delayed quite a bit, and am now saddened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I really enjoyed the movie personally, one of my favorites.

On a completely unrelated note, I was just reminded that the Red Dawn remake has been delayed quite a bit, and am now saddened.
    It's very well made & Denzel Washington is an excellent actor... It just had too much political propaganda thrown in there. It turned what could have been a great movie into one I'll never watch again. Had it not been for Robert Duvall I wouldn't have even finished it...

I hadn't heard that Red Dawn was being remade so I went to look it up. No actors I've ever heard of and the director is a stunt guy-I'm not optimistic.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    I hadn't heard that Red Dawn was being remade so I went to look it up. No actors I've ever heard of and the director is a stunt guy-I'm not optimistic.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...15#post1482115

Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    It's very well made & Denzel Washington is an excellent actor... It just had too much political propaganda thrown in there. It turned what could have been a great movie into one I'll never watch again. Had it not been for Robert Duvall I wouldn't have even finished it...
    I never really pay much attention to the political undertones of movies. I usually just dumb down when watching movies. There are some exceptions though. I can't think of any off the top of my head, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...15#post1482115

I never really pay much attention to the political undertones of movies. I usually just dumb down when watching movies. There are some exceptions though. I can't think of any off the top of my head, however.
    I can usually do that too. That's why it hit me so hard in this one I guess. They were so blatant about it that I couldn't ignore it all... =/

Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    I can usually do that too. That's why it hit me so hard in this one I guess. They were so blatant about it that I couldn't ignore it all... =/
    I saw it when it first came out. I don't really recall the gun issue so much, but at the time I was much younger and did not care much for politics. So that is probably why I didn't notice it. I do recall the healthcare issue, mostly being anti-HMO. But I tend to side with nationalized healthcare and agree that employee healthcare is pretty crap.

For the record, I am wholly against Obamacare, primarily for the simple fact that it largely removes choice and benefits pretty much no one.