• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I just watched "John Q" for the first time...

pooley

I'd heard a lot of good things about this movie & thought I'd enjoy it.

All I can say is WOW!! It's got to be one of the biggest propaganda movies ever made. Both for federal healthcare AND anti-gun...

Jack House

I really enjoyed the movie personally, one of my favorites.

On a completely unrelated note, I was just reminded that the Red Dawn remake has been delayed quite a bit, and am now saddened. :(

pooley

I really enjoyed the movie personally, one of my favorites.

On a completely unrelated note, I was just reminded that the Red Dawn remake has been delayed quite a bit, and am now saddened. :(

It's very well made & Denzel Washington is an excellent actor... It just had too much political propaganda thrown in there. It turned what could have been a great movie into one I'll never watch again. Had it not been for Robert Duvall I wouldn't have even finished it...

sultan62

I hadn't heard that Red Dawn was being remade so I went to look it up. No actors I've ever heard of and the director is a stunt guy-I'm not optimistic.

Jack House

I hadn't heard that Red Dawn was being remade so I went to look it up. No actors I've ever heard of and the director is a stunt guy-I'm not optimistic.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?87715-Red-Dawn-Remake&p=1482115#post1482115

It's very well made & Denzel Washington is an excellent actor... It just had too much political propaganda thrown in there. It turned what could have been a great movie into one I'll never watch again. Had it not been for Robert Duvall I wouldn't have even finished it...
I never really pay much attention to the political undertones of movies. I usually just dumb down when watching movies.
eusa_shifty.gif
There are some exceptions though. I can't think of any off the top of my head, however.

pooley

Jack House

I can usually do that too. That's why it hit me so hard in this one I guess. They were so blatant about it that I couldn't ignore it all... =/
I saw it when it first came out. I don't really recall the gun issue so much, but at the time I was much younger and did not care much for politics. So that is probably why I didn't notice it. I do recall the healthcare issue, mostly being anti-HMO. But I tend to side with nationalized healthcare and agree that employee healthcare is pretty crap.

For the record, I am wholly against Obamacare, primarily for the simple fact that it largely removes choice and benefits pretty much no one.