• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Sam Hospital in Puyallup

Aaron1124

Went there yesterday, and didn't see any "No weapons" or "No firearms" signs as I drove by the ER entrance. Decided to go ahead and open carry. Didn't get a single word or second glance. I am assuming they are OC/Firearm friendly?

Anyone else have any experiences with them?

amlevin

Went there yesterday, and didn't see any "No weapons" or "No firearms" signs as I drove by the ER entrance. Decided to go ahead and open carry. Didn't get a single word or second glance. I am assuming they are OC/Firearm friendly?

Or they just mistook you for a LEO.

tombrewster421

I went there recently also and there were definately no signs about guns. Lots of no smoking signs though. It could be that they just haven't gotten around to putting a sign up since the remodel isn't 100% finished yet, but I hope that's not the case. I also noticed that it would be virtually impossible for them to set up metal detectors with the way the check in desk is so close to the doors.

amlevin

I went there recently also and there were definately no signs about guns. Lots of no smoking signs though. It could be that they just haven't gotten around to putting a sign up since the remodel isn't 100% finished yet, but I hope that's not the case. I also noticed that it would be virtually impossible for them to set up metal detectors with the way the check in desk is so close to the doors.

Tom-

Maybe they are "enlightened" and realize that more people die each year from smoking related illness than from peacefully carried firearms. Wouldn't that be a first.

jt59

Hmmm,

I might be inclined to go with the mistaken identity....most of the hospitals it seems, do not have access restricted when you go through the front door, but many of the emergency access points have a airport version of a metal detector relating mostly to very late night visitors and a variety of sobriety (hey, that rhymes don't it)....and no weapons allowed.

I'd say enjoy it while it lasts.....don't be surprised if it changes.

xxx.jakk.xxx

I was at Harrison in Bremerton the other day. I went in form the Southern Parking area and I didn't see any "No Weapons" signs or any metal detectors. Of course I was going to the ER because my Dad was blacking out without reason, so I stowed my gun because I wasn't in the mood to get stopped or told to leave. It's probably for the best that I left it in the car, a lot of police were there because of a car accident.

Last edited:

fire suppressor

I'm on my way right now to Vergina Mason in Seattle they have no weapons/ firearms signs all over if you take the time to look for them. My IWB gets me arouns this :)

G20-IWB24/7

They are a MulitCare facility (Tacoma General, Allenmore, etc...) who have long-been a 'no guns/weapons' company. TG has signage all over the entrances to their facilities. I'm guessing because they've just completed a major renovation, they haven't gotten around to posting the "no-boombooms or sharp thingies" signs. (ETA: I should have just +1'd Tom's reply. Gotta read these threads before I start spoutin'-off!)

I'm at one of the local hospitals about once daily for my job, and I'm never without my CC weapon. Some of the security guys I deal with regularly also ask gun advice from me when I'm there, specifically a few of the guys at Harrison.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

Hmmm,

I might be inclined to go with the mistaken identity....most of the hospitals it seems, do not have access restricted when you go through the front door, but many of the emergency access points have a airport version of a metal detector relating mostly to very late night visitors and a variety of sobriety (hey, that rhymes don't it)....and no weapons allowed.

I'd say enjoy it while it lasts.....don't be surprised if it changes.

I was there late at night and they only had a couple security guys sitting behind the desk. No metal detectors, no signs. At the ER of course.

Last edited:

DevinWKuska

recently took my wife to Good Sam in puyallup for mirthing classes... didnt see any signs... I OCed in the maternity wing ffs!

amzbrady

If I were a hospital I would promote firearms in the building. There are alot of stupid people out there and if they are going to have an accident and shoot themselves or someone else, what better place to do it, than in an ER? Besides, thats a revenue generater. Gunshot wounds are big money...

sudden valley gunner

If I were a hospital I would promote firearms in the building. There are alot of stupid people out there and if they are going to have an accident and shoot themselves or someone else, what better place to do it, than in an ER? Besides, thats a revenue generater. Gunshot wounds are big money...

Have you even seen an emergency room after 10 P.M.? Yikes I am there with you on that one. When my other half had surgeries last year I slept over with her and made sure my pistol was in my bag with easy access.

amlevin

Want an eye opener? Try the ER at Providence Colby Campus in Everett. You'd think that Harborview in Seattle would be bad but the Everett ER is a Zoo. Very plainly "No Guns". If I could, I'd drive up to Arlington or down to Stevens rather than go to Everett even with a gun.

sudden valley gunner

Want an eye opener? Try the ER at Providence Colby Campus in Everett. You'd think that Harborview in Seattle would be bad but the Everett ER is a Zoo. Very plainly "No Guns". If I could, I'd drive up to Arlington or down to Stevens rather than go to Everett even with a gun.

This was ST. Joe's in Bellingham it was nuts, I had a sneaky feeling most were there just trying to get freebies. (drugs)

oldkim

Hospitals

Really... just have to know that every hospital has its own firearms policy but overall... it's not firearm friendly.

Some will go to the extent of having metal detectors (mostly used at night and during weekends... if they have them). Also depends on how their "security" department wants to handle it. Really it just boils down to - how you present yourself and in what situation.

e.g. you but now as a patient or you in "street clothes" and acting irregular where someone calls someone...

But overall, no hospital in this state will allow you to carry. If you push it they will push back. If you conceal - no one should know so there's nothing to push. If you go in and start announcing - then you'll have several folks in your face.

I'm glad you had a good experience but don't "assume" this will happen every time and that this is a gun friendly environment (period).