Thread: Constitutional Carry rally and petition.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Constitutional Carry rally and petition.

If you support Constitutional Carry please sign our petition to enact it in Michigan at
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/9/con...y-in-michigan/

The Constitutional carry rally in Lansing will be May 19th, 2012 at 12pm. As more details are added this post will be updated. You can also visit our website and click on the Constitutional rally tab. You can also make a donation on our page. Please include the word "rally". All donations will be used for the Rally in Lansing.
    www.citizensleaguesd.com

Pro Con carry orgs are encouraged to contact us if you are interested in setting up a table for the rally. We will also be adding a list of speakers as time goes on.

More details to follow.

Thank you for your support!
    Last edited by Generaldet; 03-07-2011 at 04:56 PM.

I am sorry but I will not sign, especially on the internet, a petition that asks anything more than my name, and County (and obviously state). I liked the petition site that Scott used for the removal of PFZ's much better. My $0.02.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    I am sorry but I will not sign, especially on the internet, a petition that asks anything more than my name, and County (and obviously state). I liked the petition site that Scott used for the removal of PFZ's much better. My $0.02.

I can understand that, no worries. It is my understanding that the address is required to give the petition "more weight". When you sign a physical petition they request your address (at least the ones I have seen). The problem with many online ones is that they are easier to manipulate when less information is required. We will have a physical petition at our events, if you are more comfortable signing that one we welcome your signature.

Here are a couple of points listed on their web site.

Who will see my signature information?

There are several ways your signature information may be shared:

Public Petition Signature pages. Certain fields will be displayed on the publicly displayed signature page for all to see. Your email address, street address and telephone number are never displayed on this page. You are always given the option to check a box to hide your name, and replace it with the word "anonymous." You are also required to preview your signature before you submit it, to prevent mistakes.

Petition Author / Target. At the close of the petition, we provide all of the signature information to the petition author with the exception of your email address, street address and telephone number. These fields of information will only be shared with the petition author and target on a case by case basis to verify the validity of your signature.

Your Privacy is Important: PetitionSite.com and Care2.com believe in protecting personal privacy on line. To this end, we are a member of the independent watchdog group, Truste.org. Please see our full privacy statement on Care2.com.

Also, here is a link to their privacy page http://www.care2.com/help/general/privacy.html#how
    Last edited by Generaldet; 03-07-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Banned
    I signed it, but left "no" for street address, "way" for city, and 12345 as a zip.

I will sign it in person.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Signed.

Quote Originally Posted by CoonDog View Post
    Signed.
    Signed, And sir steve coon, how are you and the family hope all has been well

Devery

Still plenty of room for signatures. This is for Constitutional carry! Please forward this link to your contacts list for more support or join us at one of our events to sign in person.

SIGNED ALONG WITH MY DAD

signed
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Signed because I believe self defense is a right, no matter what state you are in.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Signed it a few minutes ago...

Respectfully,
    Billy
    "Salvation is of the LORD." -Jonah ii. 9c [AV]

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and
    believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall
    not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

---Jesus Christ the LORD, sent by the Father to effectually & fully SAVE poor,
    needy, wretched sinners by His own sovereign free grace and by His perfect
    righteousness charged to our accounts! (John v. 24, KJV)

I will not be signing this is not a great idea. The current laws in place work just fine. We can carry very nearly anywhere we choose to, in states that have it the restrictions on where you can/cannot carry is very restrictive. In theory it sounds like a good idea, in practice not so much.

I would be happy to sign it ONLY if it allowed absolute unrestricted carry EVERYWHERE AT ANYTIME. That is highly un-likely to happen anytime soon, if ever. We as gun owners should concentrate our efforts that have good merit and a more probable chance of success. Like working toward removeing the PFZ's. We need to fight the same way they have fought us and start small and take little bites out of them i.e. the anti's.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Banned
    unrestricted carry everywhere is how I understand it to mean. What is specifically, the reason you dont think so? If there are these restrictions, then I fail to see how it could be considered constitutional carry to begin with.

Vermont has IMO constitution carry, no license needed. However they cannot carry in most of the places we can. I would and will be in favor of a " no license needed " type of system if it allows me to actually carry anytime anywhere. Our definition of constitutional carry may differ on some things but again I would say we should concentrate on issues we can realalistically fight and win. CADL, Waterford school district, repeal of PFZ's. Constitutional carry is a good goal to strive for, but we need to stay focused on a few issues at a time or we risk dividing up our resouces so much that we as gun owners loose the abillity to fight effectively.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Banned
    I agree. The only way I am supporting constitutional carry, is if it is as you suggested.

Anything else, is not constitutional carry.