• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry rally and petition.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
If you support Constitutional Carry please sign our petition to enact it in Michigan at
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/9/constitutional-carry-in-michigan/

The Constitutional carry rally in Lansing will be May 19th, 2012 at 12pm. As more details are added this post will be updated. You can also visit our website and click on the Constitutional rally tab. You can also make a donation on our page. Please include the word "rally". All donations will be used for the Rally in Lansing.
www.citizensleaguesd.com

Pro Con carry orgs are encouraged to contact us if you are interested in setting up a table for the rally. We will also be adding a list of speakers as time goes on.

More details to follow.

Thank you for your support!

Last edited:

eastmeyers

I am sorry but I will not sign, especially on the internet, a petition that asks anything more than my name, and County (and obviously state). I liked the petition site that Scott used for the removal of PFZ's much better. My $0.02.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
I am sorry but I will not sign, especially on the internet, a petition that asks anything more than my name, and County (and obviously state). I liked the petition site that Scott used for the removal of PFZ's much better. My $0.02.

I can understand that, no worries. It is my understanding that the address is required to give the petition "more weight". When you sign a physical petition they request your address (at least the ones I have seen). The problem with many online ones is that they are easier to manipulate when less information is required. We will have a physical petition at our events, if you are more comfortable signing that one we welcome your signature.

Here are a couple of points listed on their web site.

Who will see my signature information?

There are several ways your signature information may be shared:

Public Petition Signature pages. Certain fields will be displayed on the publicly displayed signature page for all to see. Your email address, street address and telephone number are never displayed on this page. You are always given the option to check a box to hide your name, and replace it with the word "anonymous." You are also required to preview your signature before you submit it, to prevent mistakes.

Petition Author / Target. At the close of the petition, we provide all of the signature information to the petition author with the exception of your email address, street address and telephone number. These fields of information will only be shared with the petition author and target on a case by case basis to verify the validity of your signature.

Your Privacy is Important: PetitionSite.com and Care2.com believe in protecting personal privacy on line. To this end, we are a member of the independent watchdog group, Truste.org. Please see our full privacy statement on Care2.com.

Also, here is a link to their privacy page http://www.care2.com/help/general/privacy.html#how

Last edited:

protias

Signed because I believe self defense is a right, no matter what state you are in.

NHCGRPR45

I will not be signing this is not a great idea. The current laws in place work just fine. We can carry very nearly anywhere we choose to, in states that have it the restrictions on where you can/cannot carry is very restrictive. In theory it sounds like a good idea, in practice not so much.

I would be happy to sign it ONLY if it allowed absolute unrestricted carry EVERYWHERE AT ANYTIME. That is highly un-likely to happen anytime soon, if ever. We as gun owners should concentrate our efforts that have good merit and a more probable chance of success. Like working toward removeing the PFZ's. We need to fight the same way they have fought us and start small and take little bites out of them i.e. the anti's.

stainless1911

Banned
unrestricted carry everywhere is how I understand it to mean. What is specifically, the reason you dont think so? If there are these restrictions, then I fail to see how it could be considered constitutional carry to begin with.

NHCGRPR45

Vermont has IMO constitution carry, no license needed. However they cannot carry in most of the places we can. I would and will be in favor of a " no license needed " type of system if it allows me to actually carry anytime anywhere. Our definition of constitutional carry may differ on some things but again I would say we should concentrate on issues we can realalistically fight and win. CADL, Waterford school district, repeal of PFZ's. Constitutional carry is a good goal to strive for, but we need to stay focused on a few issues at a time or we risk dividing up our resouces so much that we as gun owners loose the abillity to fight effectively.