• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mid-Citties UOC Meet up

ccrews

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
I am willing to coordinate and plan such an event in the Mid-Citties area (Lakewood, Bellflower, Norwalk, Cerritos...) if there is enough interest. If you are in the area and would like to meet up for a lunch or dinner its time to sound off.

I am open to all recommendations as to location, time, and day or any other input that can prove beneficial to those interested. I will do the legwork of meeting with local business owners to find one willing to show some 2A support and earn a few bucks at the same time.

OC KIMBER

I am willing to coordinate and plan such an event in the Mid-Citties area (Lakewood, Bellflower, Norwalk, Cerritos...) if there is enough interest. If you are in the area and would like to meet up for a lunch or dinner its time to sound off.

I am open to all recommendations as to location, time, and day or any other input that can prove beneficial to those interested. I will do the legwork of meeting with local business owners to find one willing to show some 2A support and earn a few bucks at the same time.

Plan it and they will come!! OCOC will support you.

ccrews

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
Thanks Harley, those will come in handy.

Went out for lunch today UOC and the waitress said, "What a big cell phone holder... Oh! I know what that is." She was not panicked or disturbed at all. So I figured that this would be a good time to bring up a meet and they were receptive. I'll bring these when I go to meet with the manager to finalize plans.

Can we coordinate dates so that we are not over laping, while giving those interested the most number opportunities to attend. I know SBOC has the 3rd Thursday dinners locked in and range night on Monday the 21st.

Do the OCOC folks have a regular meet?

Iopencarry

ccrews,
look on Facebook, they both have pages there. If you want to set up a page, and need help, we will be glad to help.
We all have pages. They are easy to admin, and makes it a lot easier to handle meet and events.

OC KIMBER

Thanks Harley, those will come in handy.

Went out for lunch today UOC and the waitress said, "What a big cell phone holder... Oh! I know what that is." She was not panicked or disturbed at all. So I figured that this would be a good time to bring up a meet and they were receptive. I'll bring these when I go to meet with the manager to finalize plans.

Can we coordinate dates so that we are not over laping, while giving those interested the most number opportunities to attend. I know SBOC has the 3rd Thursday dinners locked in and range night on Monday the 21st.

Do the OCOC folks have a regular meet?

OCOC has no set schedule for it's meet's we are trying to secure a location for the first or second week of April at this time, but no date has been set. If you get a date set with a location let us know and we will work with you so as not to conflict.

EdwinV

i would most definetly like join you on a meet thats close to me.... im in south gate

ryanburbridge

Count my family and I in. I have UOCed at a dinner off Carson and paramount called The Heritage manny times. I could stop by and ask if they would be ok with a group of law abiding citizens having lunch or dinner at there dinner.

Keep us posted.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto