Thread: Did I jump the gun on Wisconsin CC?

Did I jump the gun on Wisconsin CC?

Did I jump the gun on Wisconsin CC? Just bought this last weekend. I have taken the Utah CCW class I guess worse case I can use it out of state.

No, just hold on to your hat. It is coming.
    So now is the time to get good with the new gun. CC draw is nothing like open carry.

I have Kimber Solo coming off the Reserve list at Buds. I'm starting to have buyer's remorse as I read about feeding problems in early releases. Hope the get the bugs worked out by the time mine ships.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solo.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	5382  
    Last edited by Flipper; 03-07-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Red face Why not?

Well, if a 1911 can be concealed and carried, why can't a Kahr be open carried?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

yah, if it isn't a 1911 on this forum you are in trouble and most definitely jumped the shark... Congrats anyway!

If I bought firearms, I might have considered this 1911 in anticipation of Constitutional Carry... And if I shot firearms the 1911 I might have bought could look like this after test firing 200 rounds. And Sig would already be sending me the upgraded recoil spring as this one is clearly roached. If I bought firearms.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-08-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: my picture sucked.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Well, if a 1911 can be concealed and carried, why can't a Kahr be open carried?

I'll be fine with the XD45 Compact.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

+1 on that.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 03-07-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
    "I carry a tiny gun to compensate for my huge package!"

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    "I carry a tiny gun to compensate for my huge package!"
    LOL!

this
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Did I jump the gun on Wisconsin CC? Just bought this last weekend. I have taken the Utah CCW class I guess worse case I can use it out of state.
    Dont worry, you're not alone. I pick up my g36 tomorrow @ 12:08!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

It is never a bad time to buy a new gun, but I think I will stick with this:

At least for CC anyway.
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 03-08-2011 at 03:40 AM.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

I did buy a paddle holster and mag carrier for it just in case. It's the max size frame I can fit into my leather jackets inside pocket easily, size was definitely important in my CC piece.

Blasphemy I know but I don't actually own a 1911 or a .45 of any type yet.

McX

Hey, give me my hundred bucks back!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Hey, give me my hundred bucks back!
    Wouldn't you rather have the $600 PM9?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Glock34, Cruise is still a wacko in my mind but I have a new found respect for him after watching those clips. Very cool Must rent that one!
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

A fine choice Protias - a fine choice. I alternate my concealed carry primary between the XD-45 and the XD-9. Sometimes, for nostalgia's sake, I make my Springfield Model 1911 Ultra Compact (now EMP-45) my primary concealed carry.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Congratulations on your Utah CFP

And, congratulations on your Utah permit. If Wisconsin gets Constitutional Carry and no optional permit system (like VT), then you can use it to travel.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Nope I've had this for almost 2 years just waiting.

In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Wouldn't you rather have the $600 PM9?
    To quote McX.... Not Enough !!!!
    How many times have we heard him say that ???

Besides... the 9 is in the wrong place. it needs a 1 in front of it followed be an 11.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw