• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Primland Resort - Meadows of Dan, VA - Need some guidance

Northerner

Hi all,

Be gentle...

Strong North Carolina OC (and CC) advocate and my wife surprised me with a trip to Primland Resort. Never OC'd or even CC'd outside North Carolina. Checking as many of the OC and CC maps and law web links, just wondering if any one has had or heard of issues at the resort and/or the surrounding areas?

http://primland.com/

The other question I have is transporting my firearm with a North Carolina CHP. I understand the reciprocity recognition, but haven't found anything that comes right out and tells me in plain language how I can transport my firearm i.e., on my hip (open) preferred, concealed on my hip, or locked in my glove box? The VSP website did not shed enough light on my question.

Is there a printing law in VA too? Has VA created an Open Carry Flyer too?

Thanks everyone.

curtiswr

Never heard of the resort or really been to the area, at least not recently at all. Hunting and shooting clays are in their list of activities so they must be at the least somewhat friendly.

All of the above, for the carry options.

No printing law.

What's an Open Carry Flyer?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hi all,

Be gentle...

Strong North Carolina OC (and CC) advocate and my wife surprised me with a trip to Primland Resort. Never OC'd or even CC'd outside North Carolina. Checking as many of the OC and CC maps and law web links, just wondering if any one has had or heard of issues at the resort and/or the surrounding areas?

http://primland.com/

The other question I have is transporting my firearm with a North Carolina CHP. I understand the reciprocity recognition, but haven't found anything that comes right out and tells me in plain language how I can transport my firearm i.e., on my hip (open) preferred, concealed on my hip, or locked in my glove box? The VSP website did not shed enough light on my question.

Is there a printing law in VA too? Has VA created an Open Carry Flyer too?

Thanks everyone.

Overall very easy to generalize:

You may OC a holstered handgun almost any where except post offices, federal buildings and courthouses. OK in restaurants, municipal buildings, non-secure areas of police stations, city parks. Only real diiference worth noting here is if you CC in a restaurant, you may not indulge in adult beverages.

[strike]The VCDL Membership Brochure will give more detail and add a few more places. I would recommend downloading it and printing it out to bring with you.[/strike]
[strike]
Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) Document [/strike]

Primeland Resort is private property and cannot find any reference to guns - I think I would not ask and discretely CC until I found out differently. The Blue Ridge Pkwy and much off the land around it is NPS controlled - OK to carry just not in an building regularly staffed.

Enjoy your stay in Virginia.

The correct file for gun laws should be
http://www.vcdl.org/static/ccw.html
not he one previously mentioned - scroll down to the bottom of that page just beyond the map and you will find them listed.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Never heard of the resort or really been to the area, at least not recently at all. Hunting and shooting clays are in their list of activities so they must be at the least somewhat friendly.

All of the above, for the carry options.

No printing law.

What's an Open Carry Flyer?

Curtis the OC flyer is like our VCDL tri-fold with all of the law references. We just redid it - hope the new one (very few changes) is the one on line. Unfortunately my pdf reader is corrupt and I cannot seem to clear it out and download a new one. I hate Adobe X - that is what is causing me the problem.

curtiswr

Curtis the OC flyer is like our VCDL tri-fold with all of the law references. We just redid it - hope the new one (very few changes) is the one on line. Unfortunately my pdf reader is corrupt and I cannot seem to clear it out and download a new one. I hate Adobe X - that is what is causing me the problem.

Thought so, but didn't want to make any assumptions.

You can clear it out just fine.

2uhy55i.gif

And then you go to Best Buy and tell them to leave you alone until you want them to pick the last of the computer you want off the tip-top shelf so you can pay for it.

:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Curtis, you have no idea how close I came tonight, even had the safety off. :lol:

Had this one built to my specs - not the biggest and baddest possible, but just what I wanted and plenty fast with plenty of RAM. Still wires and stuff though - and if stuff can, it will. Fixed the silly conniving b!tch though.

Looong story short, I can read pdf again. :banana:

The best file for gun laws would be
http://www.vcdl.org/static/ccw.html
not the one previously mentioned - scroll down to the bottom of that page just beyond the map and you will find them listed.

Northerner

Thanks

Fantastic information. Thank you Curtis and Grapeshot. Printed me a card and put it into my wallet.