• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The new WRONG expansionism - we do NOT need to "intervene" in Libya's troubles

since9

Campaign Veteran
The new WRONG expansionism - we do NOT need to "intervene" in Libya's troubles

Article

"You're gonna WHAT???" - line from Top Gun, only this time, it's VERY well placed.

Dear President Obama:

THIS IS NOT OUR FIGHT - STAY OUT OF IT. Furthermore, as MANY articles have mentioned, prices at the pumps are FAR more the result of manipulations at the exhchange markets than they are of what's going on in the Middle East.

STAY OUT.

This is from a veteran, several times over, of the whole area.

STAY OUT.

Obama, if you're SO stupid as to even THINK about dipping another toe into that region, I will PERSONALLY seek to flail both your arrogance and your expansionist philosophies in COUNTESS public forums. You will be OWNED by the Internet you falsely purported to be a part of during your campaign. I've been a forum moderator or admin since 1985, That's 26 years and counting. You won't just loose - you'll be ridden out of town on a rail of electrons. FUGHETABOUTIT. If you choose to ignore these warnings, your Presidency will go down in history as one of the worst in history: "Obama - The first truly STUPID president in America's history. His untouchable arrogance, and how it lead our nation to become so embroiled in the Middle East that, for a time, we stopped being a nation unto ourselves."

I like the title, don't you?

No? THEN STOP STICKING YOUR NOSE INTO OTHER COUNTRIES' BUSINESSES WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG!

We are but one of 200+ countries on our planet. We can help others. We cannot rule over them, and we certainly cannot dictate to them how they should run their own countries, no matter how badly they might do so.

Please pull your head out of your ass, Mr. President.

slowfiveoh

Article

"You're gonna WHAT???" - line from Top Gun, only this time, it's VERY well placed.

Dear President Obama:

THIS IS NOT OUR FIGHT - STAY OUT OF IT. Furthermore, as MANY articles have mentioned, prices at the pumps are FAR more the result of manipulations at the exhchange markets than they are of what's going on in the Middle East.

STAY OUT.

This is from a veteran, several times over, of the whole area.

STAY OUT.

Obama, if you're SO stupid as to even THINK about dipping another toe into that region, I will PERSONALLY seek to flail both your arrogance and your expansionist philosophies in COUNTESS public forums. You will be OWNED by the Internet you falsely purported to be a part of during your campaign. I've been a forum moderator or admin since 1985, That's 26 years and counting. You won't just loose - you'll be ridden out of town on a rail of electrons. FUGHETABOUTIT. If you choose to ignore these warnings, your Presidency will go down in history as one of the worst in history: "Obama - The first truly STUPID president in America's history. His untouchable arrogance, and how it lead our nation to become so embroiled in the Middle East that, for a time, we stopped being a nation unto ourselves."

I like the title, don't you?

No? THEN STOP STICKING YOUR NOSE INTO OTHER COUNTRIES' BUSINESSES WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG!

We are but one of 200+ countries on our planet. We can help others. We cannot rule over them, and we certainly cannot dictate to them how they should run their own countries, no matter how badly they might do so.

Please pull your head out of your ass, Mr. President.

Not only you are you wrong since9, but completely ignorant to boot.

Clearly had you done your research, you would have come to this realization on your own.

Just for your information, and to repair the inaccurate statement you have made, the correct commentary is the following:

Maverick: I'm bringing him in closer Merlin.

Merlin: You're gonna do what?

:p

Oh yeah the rest of your post is spot on. :cool:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Clearly had you done your research, you would have come to this realization on your own.

Just for your information, and to repair the inaccurate statement you have made, the correct commentary is the following:

Maverick: I'm bringing him in closer Merlin.

Merlin: You're gonna do what?

:p

Oh yeah the rest of your post is spot on. :cool:

Nice. :cool:

HandyHamlet

While I agree with your sentiment...

The first truly STUPID president in America's history.

We have been there for TEN years. So he's hardly the first stupid president. And just one with blood on his hands.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Wrong war. Wrong time. Wrong leadership. Let the EU get off their dead asses and NO FLY Libya. They get the oil, not us. Momar Obooba can send strong notes to his 3rd cousin. That's as far as we should go.

KansasMustang

Sorry fellas but Since9 is right,, that part of the oil is not where we get ours,,it's the EU. And as far as 10 years go,,I'll agree. But do understand why we needed to go into Iraq, and it's my humble opinion we didn't go in hard enough into Afghanistan, and we're paying for it now. Just an old combat troopers observations. NO we do NOT need to mess around in Libya.

HandyHamlet

We went in for the WMD's and Bin Laden right?

That's 0-2 and ten years of the middle class sacrificing family members for lies.

p.s. Thanks for your service.

Beretta92FSLady

That's deep Ogre.

The title is "The WRONG Expansionism," is there a RIGHT expansionism?

Imposing a no-fly zone in Libya is not expansionist. Invading Iraq under false pretenses and occupying Iraq is expansionist, well, and a few other things.

Wait, unless you consider sanctions against Iran expansionist? A no-fly zone is a sanction of sort, not occupying, or invasion.

The price at the pump has much more to do with wallstreet speculation than Libyan unrest, or whatever the hell it is they are doing over there. I say ramp up oil production in occupied Iraq. Let the Libyans sort out their own crap.

We have enough systemic issues here in America that needs to be dealt with.

frommycolddeadhands

That's deep Ogre.

The title is "The WRONG Expansionism," is there a RIGHT expansionism?

I would argue that expanding down to Mexico and bringing them into the union might have been an example of a 'right expansionism' at some point in our not to distant past.

Currently we don't have the money or resources to do this job properly, and we need to focus on other things, but at one point in time I would have supported such an expansion.

Just a thought.

Beretta92FSLady

I would argue that expanding down to Mexico and bringing them into the union might have been an example of a 'right expansionism' at some point in our not to distant past.

Currently we don't have the money or resources to do this job properly, and we need to focus on other things, but at one point in time I would have supported such an expansion.

Just a thought.

We may as well expand down into Mexico. Then they won't have a border to jump to work for five bucks an hour twelve hours a day...we are headed to an economy like that anyhow.

frommycolddeadhands

We may as well expand down into Mexico. Then they won't have a border to jump to work for five bucks an hour twelve hours a day...we are headed to an economy like that anyhow.

I'm just thinking that if we would just go ahead and absorb Mexico into the USA then at least it'll solve the 'border war' problem. Just one day up and tell them, "Congrats, you are now all US citizens. And you will pay taxes and abide by our laws accordingly..."

Yay. We just got a new tax base, the FBI and DEA can finally crack down on the drug cartels, we just got a nice long coast line to build more naval bases and ports to ensure we stay the largest naval fleet in the world, and inherited one of the most oil rich lands on the planet.

Mexicans finally get their coveted citizenship and qualify for the same minimum wage standards that the rest of America does, and we've managed to put a huge dent in the 'undocumented worker' problem because there is no longer and incentive to hire mexicans as they should now be paid min wage like everyone else.

Happiness ensues. LOL

KansasMustang

We went in for the WMD's and Bin Laden right?

That's 0-2 and ten years of the middle class sacrificing family members for lies.

p.s. Thanks for your service.

And exactly where do you find that it was LIES? I know for FACT that Hussein HAD chemical weapons at the time of Desert Storm. What makes you think he didn't have them afterward? You've been suckin' on the kool-aid way to hard.

Beretta92FSLady

And exactly where do you find that it was LIES? I know for FACT that Hussein HAD chemical weapons at the time of Desert Storm. What makes you think he didn't have them afterward? You've been suckin' on the kool-aid way to hard.

I'll bite.

Can you link me to where after we invaded Iraq (Iraqi Freedom, or whatever they called it that week) some chemical weapons were found?

Thank you.