• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Republican party,hijacked by tea party members

sharkey

So vote Libertarian.
Or is that a wasted vote?

Of course, I don't agree with their immigration policies. I think we need a new party. The party of Sharkey!

Border fences with lasers, no more policing the world, churches and non-profits provide welfare, and machine guns for all!

Last edited:

Dreamer

If you think there is no difference between left or right, you get Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and health care.

You're right...

Any "right-thinking" person would MUCH prefer the tyrrany of the Patriot Act (Bush II), the illegal torture of political prisoners (Cheney, Bybee, Yoo), and the unconstitutional implementation of the Federal Assett Forfeiture program (Reagan), the many abuses of the RICO act (Nixon), the smuggling of TONS of cocaine into the US to pay for unconstitutional covert actions in Nicaragua (Reagan), the establishment of the EPA and normalization of relations with China (Nixon) to the sort of stuff being attempting by this current batch of "leftists"...

Tyranny, graft, and the rape and pillage of our economy and our Civil Rights is SOOOO much better when it comes dressed in Red...

<sarcasm OFF>

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

You're right...

Any "right-thinking" person would MUCH prefer the tyrrany of the Patriot Act (Bush II), the illegal torture of political prisoners (Cheney, Bybee, Yoo), and the unconstitutional implementation of the Federal Assett Forfeiture program (Reagan), the many abuses of the RICO act (Nixon), the smuggling of TONS of cocaine into the US to pay for unconstitutional covert actions in Nicaragua (Reagan), the establishment of the EPA and normalization of relations with China (Nixon) to the sort of stuff being attempting by this current batch of "leftists"...

Tyranny, graft, and the rape and pillage of our economy and our Civil Rights is SOOOO much better when it comes dressed in Red...

<sarcasm OFF>

Actually I wasn't even too impressed with Washington. Didn't he suppress the Whiskey Tax Rebellion.

Sarcasm still on.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
:lol: Yea the founders fought a war against taxation and then.......

Jefferson said:

Thomas Jefferson said:
God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.

We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusetts: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen-yard in order. I hope in God this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted.

sudden valley gunner

Yep it is our fault we let the governments get to big both state and federal.

And look how they now want to keep their hen-yard in order, and simple talk of restricting their powers back in line with constitutional lines is considered "extremism" by so many.