Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CADL v MOC - hearing updates 3/8/2011

CADL v MOC - hearing updates 3/8/2011

Motion to Dissolve TRO denied by the judge, more to come.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Tx for the update. Keep em coming

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Lance Warner states under oath his end goal is to keep all guns out of the Library, concealed or otherwise. MCRGO where are you?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Judge (preliminarily) rules Library can regulate weapons including guns. Judge also rules CADL security can't interrogate or search people.

Restraining order stands and extended to ALL of the public, not just MOC. No one may open carry in the Library per the judge.

Priliminary Injunction ordered and will be entered to make it so.

CC allowed per judge (for now).

Evidentiary hearing is scheduled for 2 full days in June (6? and 7?)
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-08-2011 at 08:27 PM.

if they can regulate guns why do they have to allow cc?

The Court has signed a Preliminary Injunction and court is presently adjourned.

by allowing CC it sounds like the judge is acknowledging the legality of firearms in the library and all that is left is to rule on whether OC is considered brandishing. slam dunk.
    when is the next hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    by allowing CC it sounds like the judge is acknowledging the legality of firearms in the library and all that is left is to rule on whether OC is considered brandishing. slam dunk.
    when is the next hearing?
    If they are acknowledging the legality, why did they rule that the library can regulate weapons?

Looks like this isn't just about MOC now. Welcome to the restraining order, all armed citizens. Nice of you all to join us.

I can hear the enormous feet of justice dragging!AAAHHHH!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Headline: Judge enjoins 300,000,000 Americans without giving them the chance of representation.

what was the judges reasoning as to why the TRO was permitted? Thats what Id like to know.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Whats the next step? I hope we have a legal option left. I will now vote NO on all future funding for the Library.
    is this legislation from the bench?
    Last edited by dukenukum; 03-08-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

the next step is the next hearing... the ruling is not yet final

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post

CC allowed per judge.
    "Allowed"? "Allowed"!

Like I figured, they are coming after the legality of OC. Otherwise OC would have been "Allowed" as well.

Banned
    I wanna get into the library too, just like those CC people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRlvz...&feature=feedu

One bright note, since the judge says that cc is allowed, the argument that CADL posited regarding the library being a "school zone" is proven false.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Last edited by TheQ; 03-08-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Elaine Epstein, former president of the Massachusetts Bar Association, has remarked, “Everyone knows that restraining orders and orders to vacate are granted to virtually all who apply"
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    One bright note, since the judge says that cc is allowed, the argument that CADL posited regarding the library being a "school zone" is proven false.
    I heard the judge say all guns are banned until she rules on whether a library is a school...she seems to thinks so and said so. And whether an authority can circumnavigate the legislature and make rules with no accountability...she seems to think so.

She did say this is more complicated that she thought and needs to do more research. The June hearing will go into the arguments on these two issues. Brandishing was not mentioned.

The judge said she is a gun owner but feels guns should be regulated because of peoples feelings.....Our attorney even brought up the recent SCOTUS decision on the Hillsboro church, that feeling don't count when exercising a right. She seemed ho hum on it.

She was more upset by my testimony about the Gestapo tactics of the library staff when asking me question asking for IDs and not letting me attend the meeting if I didn't answer their questions. She added that these actions will not be allowed and are part of the TRO.

So she okay withe defending the 4th but not the 2nd.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Venator took the stand to talk about being searched and interrogated/singled out. The judge was HIGHLY offended by the 4th amendment violations and order the $a violations to stop.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    A couple more months to bring her up to speed on the law, and our History. Don't they teach this stuff in schools anymore? Oh yeah, I forgot, censorshit is in, guns and God are out, my bad.

but this is what i dont get, why did the judge say that that the Library can regulate firearms? what did she say that led to her ruling?
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Banned
    The "Authorit" thing?

Hi Rabbi.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I heard the judge say all guns are banned until she rules on whether a library is a school...she seems to thinks so and said so. And whether an authority can circumnavigate the legislature and make rules with no accountability...she seems to think so.
    Who would have ever thought a female judge from lansing would be inclined to rule based on personal feeling rather than law. Was she by any chance a latina, if so, she may be wiser than us. /end sarcasm

Any case like this going before a lansing, ann arbor, detroit, flint, or any other liberal cesspool city court is not going to go our way, judges quit ruling based off facts a long time ago. I just hope we are ready to take this to the appeals court, and I hope the guy that carried a shotgun into the library and started this mess is contributing a lot of money to pay for the clean up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast