• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL v MOC - hearing updates 3/8/2011

TheQ

Venator took the stand to talk about being searched and interrogated/singled out. The judge was HIGHLY offended by the 4th amendment violations and order the $a violations to stop.

stainless1911

Banned
One bright note, since the judge says that cc is allowed, the argument that CADL posited regarding the library being a "school zone" is proven false.

A couple more months to bring her up to speed on the law, and our History. Don't they teach this stuff in schools anymore? Oh yeah, I forgot, censorshit is in, guns and God are out, my bad.

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
but this is what i dont get, why did the judge say that that the Library can regulate firearms? what did she say that led to her ruling?

detroit_fan

I heard the judge say all guns are banned until she rules on whether a library is a school...she seems to thinks so and said so. And whether an authority can circumnavigate the legislature and make rules with no accountability...she seems to think so.

Who would have ever thought a female judge from lansing would be inclined to rule based on personal feeling rather than law. Was she by any chance a latina, if so, she may be wiser than us. /end sarcasm

Any case like this going before a lansing, ann arbor, detroit, flint, or any other liberal cesspool city court is not going to go our way, judges quit ruling based off facts a long time ago. I just hope we are ready to take this to the appeals court, and I hope the guy that carried a shotgun into the library and started this mess is contributing a lot of money to pay for the clean up.

TheQ

where did this come from?
did the judge actually say, CC is allowed??

CC was not covered by her Preliminary Injunction Order. The transcript would make that clear. Dean Greenblatt specifically questioned her on this point to clarify her order.

It was also noted many times in court today that they are reading the forums. Anything said here is taken as if it was said by an MOC Member, whether the person is a member or not. Please be very careful about personal attacks/statements about the judge or the opposing side.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
anyone on the "other side" of the constitution can suck it.
especially those who are personally attacking such a large segement of law abiding citizens.

Last edited:

detroit_fan

It was also noted many times in court today that they are reading the forums. Anything said here is taken as if it was said by an MOC Member, whether the person is a member or not. Please be very careful about personal attacks/statements about the judge or the opposing side.

Well that is about the dumbest thing I have ever read because this is not even the MOC forum and most of the posters here are not MOC members.

TheQ

Well that is about the dumbest thing I have ever read because this is not even the MOC forum and most of the posters here are not MOC members.

I understand and agree. I just wanted to make you aware how the opposing side is portraying things to the court.

detroit_fan

I understand and agree. I just wanted to make you aware how the opposing side is portraying things to the court.

I understand, and appreciate your updates, I'm just trying to figure out how OCDO can be portrayed as MOC in court? The anti's just keep hitting new levels of ignorance imo.

TheQ

I understand, and appreciate your updates, I'm just trying to figure out how OCDO can be portrayed as MOC in court? The anti's just keep hitting new levels of ignorance imo.

Lance (the CADL director) testified he didn't know what website/URL he was reading, only that the page said "MOC/Michigan Open Carry" at the top and he found it on google. Many threads here (like this one) say MOC at the top...

I thought the Library teaches computer literacy?

malignity

Im not a MOC member.

That doesn't matter.

Open Carry is banned in the CADL, regardless of who you are. Period. It effects you, me, everyone that carries a gun openly now.

And Werner wants all guns banned according to his testimony.

It effects every single gun owner in the entire United States.

Last edited:

mastiff69

Well my thoughts on this whole thing is very simple,

1) If the Public Lib---- (is a authority) and they don't have to follow the laws of this land, and they can make up the rules as they go,

2) Might i suggest that we pull ALL Public funding from all Public lib----, and let them become private, then they can fall under private domain !!!

3) They want the Public tax dollars but they want it with no strings attached, sounds like a liberal to me, give me, give me, i am intitled to it, get me your money, and how dare the public demand that we the lib---- follow the laws of the state that they operate in.....
I am personely so tired of their rants think of the children.
We the honest hard working people of this state are tired of **You** Public Lib----- etc...taking our tax dollars then telling US the people who pay your pay checks how to behave or what we can do in or on our public property...

The next time that you the Public Lib--- get your paycheck remember that you work for us not the other way around !!

Last edited:

TheQ

Well my thoughts on this whole thing is very simple,
2) Might i suggest that we pull ALL Public funding from all Public lib----, and let them become private, then they can fall under private domain !!!

I've said this all along and support it.