• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL v MOC - hearing updates 3/8/2011

TheQ

Lance Warner states under oath his end goal is to keep all guns out of the Library, concealed or otherwise. MCRGO where are you?

TheQ

Judge (preliminarily) rules Library can regulate weapons including guns. Judge also rules CADL security can't interrogate or search people.

Restraining order stands and extended to ALL of the public, not just MOC. No one may open carry in the Library per the judge.

Priliminary Injunction ordered and will be entered to make it so.

CC allowed per judge (for now).

Evidentiary hearing is scheduled for 2 full days in June (6? and 7?)

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
by allowing CC it sounds like the judge is acknowledging the legality of firearms in the library and all that is left is to rule on whether OC is considered brandishing. slam dunk.
when is the next hearing?

kubel

Looks like this isn't just about MOC now. Welcome to the restraining order, all armed citizens. Nice of you all to join us.

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
what was the judges reasoning as to why the TRO was permitted? Thats what Id like to know.

dukenukum

Whats the next step? I hope we have a legal option left. I will now vote NO on all future funding for the Library.
is this legislation from the bench?

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
One bright note, since the judge says that cc is allowed, the argument that CADL posited regarding the library being a "school zone" is proven false.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Elaine Epstein, former president of the Massachusetts Bar Association, has remarked, “Everyone knows that restraining orders and orders to vacate are granted to virtually all who apply"

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
One bright note, since the judge says that cc is allowed, the argument that CADL posited regarding the library being a "school zone" is proven false.

I heard the judge say all guns are banned until she rules on whether a library is a school...she seems to thinks so and said so. And whether an authority can circumnavigate the legislature and make rules with no accountability...she seems to think so.

She did say this is more complicated that she thought and needs to do more research. The June hearing will go into the arguments on these two issues. Brandishing was not mentioned.

The judge said she is a gun owner but feels guns should be regulated because of peoples feelings.....Our attorney even brought up the recent SCOTUS decision on the Hillsboro church, that feeling don't count when exercising a right. She seemed ho hum on it.

She was more upset by my testimony about the Gestapo tactics of the library staff when asking me question asking for IDs and not letting me attend the meeting if I didn't answer their questions. She added that these actions will not be allowed and are part of the TRO.

So she okay withe defending the 4th but not the 2nd.