Thread: NRA Wisconsin Facebook

NRA Wisconsin Facebook

Anyone know why this one is so inactive. Doesn't appear that is supported by the Wisconsin NRA folks, or is it that their members are not familar with social networking?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WISCON...08203449215786
    Last edited by Flipper; 03-08-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

...'cause they have done nothing for firearm owner's rights up here?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I avoid FB like the friggin' Plague. Same with MySpace, Twitter, 4Square, etc etc. Just not a social network person. I like my privacy too much.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf1477 View Post
    I avoid FB like the friggin' Plague. Same with MySpace, Twitter, 4Square, etc etc. Just not a social network person. I like my privacy too much.

Sam
    Then disconnect from the interwebz.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I didn't know about it.
    Doesn't look like an active group.
    Doesn't look like an official group. (Real NRA. Might be some local members trying to stay connected.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    ...'cause they have done nothing for firearm owner's rights up here?
    In the short time I've been here I have seen WCI do MORE for the cause and the people here than the NRA has ever done. Granted they are the 800 lb. gorilla in the room when it comes to the national scene but they have always been more interested in pushing the conceal carry issue in every state than what the state/people want. Look at how long it took them to even mention Constitutional Carry and that they are behind/support it .We here don't want a permit system but a law that will allow us to carry as we choose, be it concealed OR open.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

If it is an NRA connected site, could be a good place to express concerns. That is if they don't don't ban open discussion like WAVE does on their FB page.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf1477 View Post

Sam
    I think that many (in certain age groups) have that same opinion of the new 'social networks' as they're called.

That said, it's THE place where younger folks, and brave older souls end up going to do their communications. I'm a late bloomer to the FB thing, and have yet to find a real reason to tweet my twitter.

Allow me to paraphrase a scenario:

Good ole boys form shooting groups, go hunting, buy land, and build a good ole boys clubhouse.

Single moms creep slowly into the forefront of controlling Americas youth, and most really don't know or care to partake in shooting sports. (until pubescent youths inquire about the sports) Once exposed to the marvels of gun control, comradeship, and just plain ole fun shooting brings, they're hooked and so are their youth.

Consider that in order to keep our shooting ranges, hunter safety classes, and a continuous flow of 'new' shooters full and in our ranks... "we'' the shooters of today may need to jump out of our good ole boy clubhouses and seek our successors.

FB, Tweet, and message board till ya drop.
    "Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The (US) Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters . . . but they mean to be masters."
    [Daniel Webster]

Who is Your Master?

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ45 View Post
    I think that many (in certain age groups) have that same opinion of the new 'social networks' as they're called.

That said, it's THE place where younger folks, and brave older souls end up going to do their communications. I'm a late bloomer to the FB thing, and have yet to find a real reason to tweet my twitter.

Allow me to paraphrase a scenario:

Good ole boys form shooting groups, go hunting, buy land, and build a good ole boys clubhouse.

Single moms creep slowly into the forefront of controlling Americas youth, and most really don't know or care to partake in shooting sports. (until pubescent youths inquire about the sports) Once exposed to the marvels of gun control, comradeship, and just plain ole fun shooting brings, they're hooked and so are their youth.

Consider that in order to keep our shooting ranges, hunter safety classes, and a continuous flow of 'new' shooters full and in our ranks... "we'' the shooters of today may need to jump out of our good ole boy clubhouses and seek our successors.

FB, Tweet, and message board till ya drop.
    ROFL, younger shooters 'eh? Wow ya made me feel like a dinosaur...at 33<g>

Nah, I like my message boards, and do some gaming (not near as much as I used to). I'm a full time Database Administrator/Programmer/IT monkey, single father of 2 kids (their ma died 2 weeks after my daughter was born); daughter is 7, son is 8 (autistic).

So when I'm not working I spend very little time on the computer, else I get burnt out
    and my work suffers for it.

I'm also very busy helping with homework, sports (bowling leagues, TBall, etc.), and the other sundry tasks involved in trying to raise kids in this day and age that are respectful of others without making them into zombies (ack! I used the "Z" word) that are glued to the TV/computer and have no idea there's a real world out there that's full of fun and mischief to find and learn from.

We hunt (Dad! Grampa made that deer fall over!), fish all summer long (by fall we look like candidates for a burn ward...and my daughter consistently out fishes me and my brother...lil stinker...this summer she doesn't get bait), target shoot, etc etc.

I consider myself lucky tho, the chunk of land I bought is perfect for hunting, target shooting, animal watching (deer, turkeys, bears, etc etc...even heard tell of a moose that passed thru last winter) and some of the best game fishing just a couple miles away.

Sam, ok someone needs to take this soap box, I keep climin' up on the damn thing and preachin'
    Last edited by Wolf1477; 03-21-2011 at 10:07 PM.