• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Wisconsin Facebook

Wolf1477

I avoid FB like the friggin' Plague. Same with MySpace, Twitter, 4Square, etc etc. Just not a social network person. I like my privacy too much.

Sam

MKEgal

I didn't know about it.
Doesn't look like an active group.
Doesn't look like an official group. (Real NRA. Might be some local members trying to stay connected.)

XDFDE45

...'cause they have done nothing for firearm owner's rights up here?
In the short time I've been here I have seen WCI do MORE for the cause and the people here than the NRA has ever done. Granted they are the 800 lb. gorilla in the room when it comes to the national scene but they have always been more interested in pushing the conceal carry issue in every state than what the state/people want. Look at how long it took them to even mention Constitutional Carry and that they are behind/support it
icon_rolleyes.gif
.We here don't want a permit system but a law that will allow us to carry as we choose, be it concealed OR open.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
If it is an NRA connected site, could be a good place to express concerns. That is if they don't don't ban open discussion like WAVE does on their FB page.

FMJ45

I avoid FB like the friggin' Plague. Same with MySpace, Twitter, 4Square, etc etc. Just not a social network person. I like my privacy too much.

Sam

I think that many (in certain age groups) have that same opinion of the new 'social networks' as they're called.

That said, it's THE place where younger folks, and brave older souls end up going to do their communications. I'm a late bloomer to the FB thing, and have yet to find a real reason to tweet my twitter.

Allow me to paraphrase a scenario:

Good ole boys form shooting groups, go hunting, buy land, and build a good ole boys clubhouse.

Single moms creep slowly into the forefront of controlling Americas youth, and most really don't know or care to partake in shooting sports. (until pubescent youths inquire about the sports) Once exposed to the marvels of gun control, comradeship, and just plain ole fun shooting brings, they're hooked and so are their youth.

Consider that in order to keep our shooting ranges, hunter safety classes, and a continuous flow of 'new' shooters full and in our ranks... "we'' the shooters of today may need to jump out of our good ole boy clubhouses and seek our successors.

FB, Tweet, and message board till ya drop.
;) :banana:

Wolf1477

I think that many (in certain age groups) have that same opinion of the new 'social networks' as they're called.

That said, it's THE place where younger folks, and brave older souls end up going to do their communications. I'm a late bloomer to the FB thing, and have yet to find a real reason to tweet my twitter.

Allow me to paraphrase a scenario:

Good ole boys form shooting groups, go hunting, buy land, and build a good ole boys clubhouse.

Single moms creep slowly into the forefront of controlling Americas youth, and most really don't know or care to partake in shooting sports. (until pubescent youths inquire about the sports) Once exposed to the marvels of gun control, comradeship, and just plain ole fun shooting brings, they're hooked and so are their youth.

Consider that in order to keep our shooting ranges, hunter safety classes, and a continuous flow of 'new' shooters full and in our ranks... "we'' the shooters of today may need to jump out of our good ole boy clubhouses and seek our successors.

FB, Tweet, and message board till ya drop.
;) :banana:

ROFL, younger shooters 'eh? Wow ya made me feel like a dinosaur...at 33<g>

Nah, I like my message boards, and do some gaming (not near as much as I used to). I'm a full time Database Administrator/Programmer/IT monkey, single father of 2 kids (their ma died 2 weeks after my daughter was born); daughter is 7, son is 8 (autistic).

So when I'm not working I spend very little time on the computer, else I get burnt out
and my work suffers for it.

I'm also very busy helping with homework, sports (bowling leagues, TBall, etc.), and the other sundry tasks involved in trying to raise kids in this day and age that are respectful of others without making them into zombies (ack! I used the "Z" word) that are glued to the TV/computer and have no idea there's a real world out there that's full of fun and mischief to find and learn from.

We hunt (Dad! Grampa made that deer fall over!), fish all summer long (by fall we look like candidates for a burn ward...and my daughter consistently out fishes me and my brother...lil stinker...this summer she doesn't get bait), target shoot, etc etc.

I consider myself lucky tho, the chunk of land I bought is perfect for hunting, target shooting, animal watching (deer, turkeys, bears, etc etc...even heard tell of a moose that passed thru last winter) and some of the best game fishing just a couple miles away.

Sam, ok someone needs to take this soap box, I keep climin' up on the damn thing and preachin'

Last edited: