• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clarification needed on WA FAQ...

confused597

I CC to work and am going to the SoundersFC game tomorrow. As I read this, (bold part to follow) so long as I'm CC and have my CPL (which I do an never leave home without), I can carry to the game. I need a firm yes otherwise no point in carrying tomorrow at all, which will suck as ride the first run of the 124 from Tukwila.

Thanks in advance,
Jared

Washington State Frequently Asked Questions About Open Carry

1) Where can I carry in Washington? Washington State follows British legal tradition, which states that anything that is not proscribed as unlawful is lawful (also called the "Rule of Lenity," which stands for the proposition that whatever is not prohibited by law is allowed.)
So the real question is; where can you NOT carry in Washington? There are four main state statutes that one must be cognizant of: RCW 9.41.050 (Carrying Firearms), RCW 9.41.280 (Carry on School Grounds), RCW 9.41.300 (Weapons Prohibited in Certain Places), and RCW 70.108.150 (Firearms in Outdoor Music Festivals). It is your responsibility to read and understand the definitions and exceptions in the law. RCW 9.41.050 is the primary law which affects gun carrying on a day to day basis. This law makes it unlawful for one to conceal a pistol without a concealed pistol license (hereinafter called CPL), and also makes it unlawful for one to carry a loaded pistol in any vehicle, whether it be openly carried or concealed carried unless a person has a valid CPL(see RCW 9.41.060 on Exceptions). Loaded is defined as having ammunition inside of the gun itself (magazine inserted with ammunition with semi-auto, ammunition in cylinder for revolvers). Localities may also prohibit the carrying of handguns in the stadiums and convention centers that they operate, however they MUST exempt those who possess a concealed pistol license. There are also federal statutes you must be cognizant of: 18 USC 922 (q), which prohibit the carrying of a handgun within 1000 feet of a school unless you are licensed to carry or meet another exemption to this law. The constitutionality of this law is questionable in light of United States v. Lopez and District of Columbia v. Heller. To our knowledge, there has been no prosecutions of this law where this is the sole charge. 18 USC 930, which prohibit the carrying of firearms in any "federal facility" or any "federal court facility."

.45ACPaddy

Depends on whether the city is running it or if it's being leased to a private company, which can make its own rules. Not sure how it all works with that field.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
The cities have found a way around Preemption by having a third party manage the stadiums. If you are found to be carrying a firearm, you won't be charged with a crime (IE rcw 9.41.300) but if you refuse to leave they will have you charged with trespassing.

I suggest CC and do it well.

therealcombat

I'd also suggest CC.

If it's run by the city, you're fine if you have a CPL. If it's run privately, all they can do is kick you out (if they see it).

Definitely CC.

jt59

The cities have found a way around Preemption by having a third party manage the stadiums. If you are found to be carrying a firearm, you won't be charged with a crime (IE rcw 9.41.300) but if you refuse to leave they will have you charged with trespassing.

I suggest CC and do it well.

+1...the way they get around it is to require the lessor to include "no firearms" policy in the lease.

I found that with Seattle Center, and Key Arena, that is what they were told to do by city managment (mayor)...All else above is accurate...At Key Arena, they have a firearms check and lock boxes, but was also told by KA mgt, that if you come in CC'd and there are no check points (and she made a point to say that they are not everywhere, then "how would we know or care")...don't know if that is true of your venue.

confused597

Here's what it says on the SounderFC website, it doesn't say anything about who's promoting but it mentions Qwest Field Management as seen in bold below:

PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
The main goal of Qwest Field Management Team is to take reasonable steps to protect the safety and security of Qwest Field guests, employees, and other assets with respect towards everyone’s dignity and legal rights.

Qwest Field and Qwest Field Event
Center does not allow the following items:

* Animals (Service animals ok)
* Beach Balls/Frisbee
* Bottles (Glass)
* Cans
* Coolers/Ice Chests
* Drugs/Illegal Substances
* Fireworks/Flares/Smoke Bombs
* Flammable Liquids
* Flasks
* Glass Containers
* Laser Pens/Pointers
* Pepper Spray
* Weapons
* Whistles
* Any items deemed by management to be inappropriate that may disrupt other fan’s enjoyment of the game.

* The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.

* Items may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by stadium management staff.

* While horns and drums are not prohibited, we ask that guests be courteous to nearby guests. Inappropriate or disrespectful use of these noisemakers will result in forfeiture of the item.

* All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the stadium and may be subject to arrest.

confused597

CC would definitely be the only option I take. I generally only OC in warm weather anyways, except at work. Very Liberal place but they nor the building owners have a no weapons policy so I just keep it hush. Probably end up doing the same to the stadium...never really felt safe on my bus since some guy threatened to cannibalize another for talking to him...gotta love the city.

1245A Defender

well,,,

I am not gogodawgs, but HE would tell you;

Put your BUG in your coat pocket, take off your coat,
hold your coat securely in your hand,
spread your arms out high and wide,
while security wands you or frisks your body!

we will find out later, if i was right:lol:

Last edited:

confused597

Lol...this is starting to remind me of the way "crotch/inner thigh" holsters got started. I'm pretty sure they don't pat down at the Sounders games, but I doubt any of them are well trained enough or courageous enough to grab "the package". Empty chamber, para-cord, strategic placement...hmmm...

1245A Defender

I am not gogodawgs, but HE would tell you;

Put your BUG in your coat pocket, take off your coat,
hold your coat securely in your hand,
spread your arms out high and wide,
while security wands you or frisks your body!

we will find out later, if i was right:lol:

I have never not had my BUG at a Mariner's, Seahawks, Sounders, Husky....etc game...

I take this to mean I got this one right!:D

confused597

Little update from a co-worker. Was talking with one of the only people I trust in my office about this. He said there is a lawsuit pending about the pat downs because it is public property and apparently regardless of promoter they are not allowed to touch you or any personal property. Bags can be requested to be opened up they're not supposed to touch. Latests Seahawks games he went to no pat downs or wands! Still gonna CC agressively to make sure and I'll give y'all an update tonight on security measures being taken :)

confused597

So there was no pat down or wands and they didn't really search my bag just asked me to open the main pocket. Had my 1911A1 in a hip holster under loose shirt and zip up jacket. Enjoyed the game too :)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Little update from a co-worker. Was talking with one of the only people I trust in my office about this. He said there is a lawsuit pending about the pat downs because it is public property and apparently regardless of promoter they are not allowed to touch you or any personal property. Bags can be requested to be opened up they're not supposed to touch. Latests Seahawks games he went to no pat downs or wands! Still gonna CC agressively to make sure and I'll give y'all an update tonight on security measures being taken :)

Do we have the filling number?