• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black Powder Revolver For Open Carry?

Vandil

And, a man's got to know his limitations.

PistolWhipped.jpg

M

McX

guns a gun to me. you point them and they go bang. some just more dynamically than others. black powder is good any time in my book. i think there was something around that some guy bombed a couple of scum with a black powder at some qwicky mart somewhere. the gun went bang, crime paid.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
guns a gun to me.

Can't argue with the logic, but I try to have every possible edge I can over a potential opponent-- better equipment, better training, more practice, more knowledge, better tactics, awareness--- anything that enhances my chances to prevail. Carrying a single action revolver, particularly a black powder variety, is a move in the other direction.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Cabelas has several BP revolvers on sale now....looking into getting one of those...

I see the big stainless target revolver in .44 is on sale for $380 or so. What a nice looking revolver and it has excellent reviews. It is a mite big for regular carry but....something to think about!

I am going to a friends house this weekend to look at his collection of BP revolvers and see if he has something I may want to carry.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Deek

Just to throw my pair o' pennies into this..... I took my 1847 colt walker replica for a walk the other day, just to see it went. And wow... thats alot of metal to tote around. It was hard to sit down without clunking the gun on things or having it push into me in weird ways. I gave it about 3 hours before I went back to car swapped it for the .45.

It was fun for a while tho.....