• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycott List for St Louis and St Charles Counties

sohighlyunlikely

This post will be edited as new restaurants and retail establishments are confirmed to be either posted no firearms or have a manager or corporate policy not allowing Openly Carried firearms.

The following businesses are to be Boycotted for their intolerance of your 2nd Amendment rights.

Restuarants............................... Retail ...........................Malls

Waffle House ............................................................................. Mills(Posted)
both the one near STL airport .............................................................(Cabela's OK)
and on St Charles Rock Rd
(posted)

Mattingly's
In St Charles (posted)

Hot Shots Bar and Grill
In Maryland Heights (posted)
St Charles (posted)

Lion's Choice
all locations (posted)

Fazoli's
in Bridgeton (posted)

Gun Stores

Adventure Shooting Sports
In Chesterfield (per GM, owner says no OC)

On Target
IN Valley Park (Owner Karl speaks out both publicly and privately against OC)

Gas Stations and Convenience Stores

Z/X Gas Station and Convenience Store
on n hwy 94/first capitol

Banks

Frontenac Bank
2625 W Clay St, St Charles (posted)

Last edited:

kylemoul

just throwing this up in the air, but maybe using google docs. you can have multiple people work on a document/real time collaboration. may save on multiple people posting in a thread.

i have no places to add though

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The PR rep from Schnucks contacted me via the phone after they pulled the CCW signs. in response to my inquiry

He indicated concealed was fine if permitted but OC would be asked to leave without regard for it being legal or not.

mspgunner

The PR rep from Schnucks contacted me via the phone after they pulled the CCW signs. in response to my inquiry

He indicated concealed was fine if permitted but OC would be asked to leave without regard for it being legal or not.

They'll take the money, just have their eyes closed to 2 A rights. Not much has changed then.

sohighlyunlikely

Schnucks is an odd one.

That was the stance that I was presuming they would take. I have made a point to OC in several of their locations and I am a semi-regular OC'er to the Bridgeton location. All I ever get is smiles. If I can get a managers name who is enforcing any anti-OC rules. I would gladly put that location on the list.

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
That was the stance that I was presuming they would take. I have made a point to OC in several of their locations and I am a semi-regular OC'er to the Bridgeton location. All I ever get is smiles. If I can get a managers name who is enforcing any anti-OC rules. I would gladly put that location on the list.

Doc

I wrote the "contact me" on their webspace and included my phone number. The self described customer relations pr guy told me how big the Schnuck folks were into hunting etc. I asked him if the new position was one of support for all legal carry for permit holders since that is what the post disgrace said. He questioned me as to what I meant and I told him that some muni's restricted open carry unless one had a permit so was the Schucks official position that if a person was legally carrying a gun it was ok.

He waffled a bit and circled his wagons a bit and said he did not want to be the source of man with a gun calls to the police and he felt openly carried firearms would draw complaints from customers and possibly calls to the police and for those reasons they did not want folks to carry openly in the stores.

That boycott is not over for me, they gave 25k to fight ccw, when they give five times that to pro 2a they can have my dollars again.

sohighlyunlikely

Hot Shots

Hot Shots Bar and Grill, in Maryland Heights MO on Dorsett Rd. is posted.

Doc

IMAG0004.jpg

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am no fan of the no gun signs, but I am not too sure hot shots is an option under the 50% in booze sales anyway.

Unless things have changed in my hiatus which is possible.

sohighlyunlikely

Real restaurant

I am no fan of the no gun signs, but I am not too sure hot shots is an option under the 50% in booze sales anyway.

Unless things have changed in my hiatus which is possible.

I picked up a tip from Cshoff. If they can sell liquor on Sunday they are a real restaurant claiming 51% sales of food. I am pretty sure hotshots applies to that standard.

Doc

cash50

Finally followed through with Shop N' Save. Talked to their Loss Prevention Manager, who told me their policy is to follow local and state law, thus they don't restrict open carry unless the municipality does.

sohighlyunlikely

bars

So, for my info, what difference does the over/under 50% actually mean?

Well the CCW laws restrict "bar carry". So true taverns kind of exist in a gray area. Not that that applies to OC but for that reason and a couple others. Some based on personal experiences from working in nightclubs. I will not be listing bars on the OC boycott list.

Doc

Superlite27

So, for my info, what difference does the over/under 50% actually mean?

According to RsMO, an establishment that receives 51% of its income from the sale of alcohol is considered a bar and we can't carry in one (without permission from the owner).

Therefore, if an establishment sells alcohol, but receives 51% of its income from things OTHER than alcohol, it is NOT a bar, and is merely a restaurant that serves alcohol, meaning we can carry there.

I guess, according to cshoff, (I personally don't really know and will have to read up on it. [links welcome]) establishments (bars) receiving over 51% of their revenue from the sale of alcohol cannot be open on Sunday.

Logical deduction leads to the conclusion that: If the place is open on Sundays, we can carry there.

I believe HotShots is open Sundays, hence: Not a bar. (Even though it appears very "barlike" to me.)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I picked up a tip from Cshoff. If they can sell liquor on Sunday they are a real restaurant claiming 51% sales of food. I am pretty sure hotshots applies to that standard.

Doc

Well I am not often finding myself in disagreement with the hoff but I am now.

There has been no provision restricting "bars" from selling "by the drink" since 1981 when the "blue law" was repealed but the laws are HUGE and I could be 100% wrong.

The liquor laws are about the only thing more confusing than the gun laws.

I am really trying to think on this and bars that sell no food are more rare than the past so I am not coming up with anything.

Have you reviewed the statutes or has Hoff? I have no problem with either word but I am blown away that hotshots would claim 51% in food. First off it is CHEAP food, second I have had several meetings there on the rock road location and have not noticed much of anyone eating.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Hot shots on the rockroad aka bridgeton is NOT posted, prompted me to send the following from my mocarry addy: (edit, I was there an hour ago)

Dear sir or madam,

It has been drawn to our attention that a recent change has happened at one of your locations. The Maryland Hts. Store now has a “no firearms allowed” sign in the window. This is not consistant with the past or other Hotshots locations and it has caused some confusion.

There are over 100,000 licensees firearms all of which have their fingerprints, an FBI background check and other qualifications through training and many of us work very hard to assure all persons rights are upheld.

We would like to know the company position so that we may respect your rights. If you do not want legally owned and carried firearms in your establishments please let us know. Please also understand that with that respect comes our resolve that we are indeed the good guys and while we will not bring ours, criminals have no concerns with signs or laws.

I am requesting this feed back as soon as possible as your posted facility is already, as of 3-15-2011, on our boycott list and I would like to remove it as soon as possible. Please also understand that we do this out of respect for your right to make that choice.

I hope to hear from you by the close of business 3-21-2011 as to the official position as we understand upon occasion a manager will make a change like this that is not the official position of the ownership. Most of us wear out firearms like our wallets and when our rights are restricted we avoid at all cost as we do not seek conflict but our wallets do not go where our rights are restricted by choice.

Your thoughts are appreciated and please understand this note and any response to it will indeed be publicly posted on several civil rights groups web spaces ranging from firearms to tea party topics. I would much rather be posting a retraction request than a company wide boycott, however that choice is yours and we will respect your decision either way.

Thank you,
Rich L.

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

Hot shots on the rockroad aka Bridgeton is NOT posted, prompted me to send the following from my mocarry addy: (edit, I was there an hour ago)

Dear sir or madam,

It has been drawn to our attention that a recent change has happened at one of your locations. The Maryland Hts. Store now has a “no firearms allowed” sign in the window. This is not consistent with the past or other Hotshots locations and it has caused some confusion.

There are over 100,000 licensees firearms all of which have their fingerprints, an FBI background check and other qualifications through training and many of us work very hard to assure all persons rights are upheld.

We would like to know the company position so that we may respect your rights. If you do not want legally owned and carried firearms in your establishments please let us know. Please also understand that with that respect comes our resolve that we are indeed the good guys and while we will not bring ours, criminals have no concerns with signs or laws.

I am requesting this feed back as soon as possible as your posted facility is already, as of 3-15-2011, on our boycott list and I would like to remove it as soon as possible. Please also understand that we do this out of respect for your right to make that choice.

I hope to hear from you by the close of business 3-21-2011 as to the official position as we understand upon occasion a manager will make a change like this that is not the official position of the ownership. Most of us wear out firearms like our wallets and when our rights are restricted we avoid at all cost as we do not seek conflict but our wallets do not go where our rights are restricted by choice.

Your thoughts are appreciated and please understand this note and any response to it will indeed be publicly posted on several civil rights groups web spaces ranging from firearms to tea party topics. I would much rather be posting a retraction request than a company wide boycott, however that choice is yours and we will respect your decision either way.

Thank you,
Rich L.

Well written Sir. I am fore warning you I may plagiarize and alter it to fit for use with other businesses in the future.

Doc