• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State legislator to propose bill allowing concealed weapons on college campuses

varminter22

Yep. This is going to be Big.

Going to need EVERYONES' support.

From the NRA-ILA:
Cosponsors Needed for the Nevada Campus Protection Act
State Senator John Lee (D-01) is requesting the NRA's help to gather cosponsors for his Campus Carry measure which, while currently in draft form as Bill Draft 742, will be in print next week.

In order to gain momentum and lay the groundwork for this important right-to-carry measure, it is extremely important that BDR 742, when it is assigned a Senate Bill number, has as many cosponsors as possible prior to its first policy committee hearing later this month.

This measure would remove the discretion provision in the current Concealed Carry Weapon laws that require permit holders to request permission to carry on property owned by the Nevada System of Higher Education. It is extremely rare for a University President to grant permission to a permit holder to carry on campus, thereby creating a defenseless position for Nevada's law-abiding gun owners.

Please contact your state Senator and Assemblyman TODAY and ask that they join with Senator Lee and place their names on this important piece of legislation. Contact information for your legislators can be found by clicking here: www.capwiz.com/nra/state/main/?state=NV&view=myofficials
You can also find your legislator(s) here: www.leg.state.nv.us

More to come soon on this bill.

I haven't had time to post everything on this site.

I hope no one minds me posting this link, but I have been trying to keep info posted here: http://nevadashooters.com/index.php (in addition to the SFA website.)

There is a LOT going on in our legislature. Everyone is encouraged to take part.

Do we have many pro-gun legislators? You bet we do! But they NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

Nevada carrier

Senate Bill 231 was discussed today, Thursday March 10 on the 5:00 p.m. ET broadcast of NRA News' 'The Daily News with Ginny Simone.'

You can view the interview at http://www.nranews.com/#/nranews

Senate Bill 231 has been assigned to the Senate Government affairs committee which is chaired by non other than, wait for it... wait ... for ... it, Senator Lee.

This bill is expected to be heard in the Senate Government Affairs Committee on Friday, March 18 at 8:00 a.m. in Room 2135 of the Legislative Building in Carson City, with a teleconference link to the Grant Sawyer Government Building in Las Vegas (details will follow).

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

So I was looking through the poll comments and we now have a descenting remark in opposition to SB 231, it reads; "I work at the University of Nevada Reno at the Student Health Center. I feel you will make our site less safe with students with concealed firearms. We have student with mental illness and are unstable. Can you guarantee they won't get a gun!"

Thank you for making my argument for me. You have mentally unstable people on campus whom no one can guarantee with absolute certainty will not find a way to get a gun. I think I want my firearm on campus with me now, more than I ever did.

Last edited:

varminter22

SB-231 will be heard Friday, March 18, 2011 at 8:00 a.m.

Please voice your support!

Email info - cut/paste into your email message:

jlee@sen.state.nv.us; mmanendo@sen.state.nv.us; mschneider@sen.state.nv.us; jsettelmeyer@sen.state.nv.us; jhardy@sen.state.nv.us

-------------------------------------------
Complete contact info:

Lee, John
E-mail Address(es):
jlee@sen.state.nv.us
Leg Bldg Rm 2132
Office: 775-684-1424
Notes:
Senator (D), Clark County, No 1.
Chair, Gov't Affairs Cmte
phone LCB 775-684-1424
LCB room number 2156

Manendo, Mark
E-mail Address(es):
mmanendo@sen.state.nv.us
Leg Bldg Rm 2127
Office: 775-684-6503
Notes:
D, Clark No 7
Chair, Natural Resources Cmte
Vice Chair, Gov't Affairs Cmte

Schneider, Michael
E-mail Address(es):
mschneider@sen.state.nv.us
Leg Bldg Rm 2125
Office: 775-684-6502
Notes:
D, Clark no 11

Settelmeyer, James
E-mail Address(es):
jsettelmeyer@sen.state.nv.us
Leg Bldg Rm 2101
Office: 775-684-1470
Notes:
Capital Senatorial District

Hardy, Joseph P
E-mail Address(es):
jhardy@sen.state.nv.us
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2100
Office: 775-684-1462

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning there are only 32 'votes' on SB-231 -- 30 For and 2 Against.

Please go to www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/76th2011/poll/ and cast your 'vote' and type an optional opinion!

SB-231 needs your support!

Last edited: