• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Re-nomination Of Anti-Gun-Leaning Andrew Traver To Head BATFE

beanoboy7

I was informed of this by Hoffman's on Facebook

Source: http://www.capwiz.com/nra/issues/alert/?alertid=26842501

NRA Strongly Opposes Obama�s Re-nomination Of Anti-Gun-Leaning Andrew Traver To Head BATFE
President Obama re-nominated Andrew Traver to be director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Obama first nominated Traver on November 17, 2010, but the Senate Judiciary Committee failed to act on his nomination.

Last November, NRA strongly opposed Obama’s nomination of Traver. Our strong opposition has not changed.

Traver has been deeply aligned with gun control advocates and anti-gun activities. This makes him the wrong choice to lead an enforcement agency that has almost exclusive oversight and control over the firearms industry, its retailers and consumers.

Please contact your U.S. Senators and urge them to oppose Andrew Traver’s ill-advised nomination to head BATFE. You may send an email or call your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121.

Last edited:

KIX

I find it awkward that someone who is anti gun..... works for..... the BATFE!!!! Then again, if he's anti, that would make him good at his job of taking firearms away from citizens in that post, so......

However, this site is also good with info:

http://www.stoptraver.org/

Jonathan