• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional carry dead in Iowa

IA_farmboy

I lack the mental bandwidth to find the link at this late hour but I did see on the Des Moines Register website that the constitutional carry bills in the Iowa House did not survive the final passage date to be handed off to the Senate. I can only hope we have better luck next year.

Butch00

Iowa Constitution
Article 1 Bill of Rights
Section 1 Rights of persons
Section 2 Political Power
Section 25 Rights Reserved
Because the Right to bear arms pre-dates the Constitution
it is one of the Rights retained by the people.
And with the incorporation of the 2A, you have the Right to carry.
Where does it say the people have to ask permission to exercise a right.
Git together with like minded people and do it.
Force Government to honor your Rights.

IA_farmboy

... Git together with like minded people and do it.
Force Government to honor your Rights.

I don't mean to be rude but I have to say this, that is exactly what the bills were doing. We tried for a few years now and each year it seems the bills get one step closer to passing. We failed (again) this year to get the bills passed and next year we will try again.

Perhaps you had a different method in mind to "force" the government to honor our rights. Please enlighten me since I am growing impatient at the pace in which legislative measures are progressing.

amaixner

There's still hope, though it's unlikely. Politics is a strategy game, and things get added and ammended all the time at the last minute. It's the same situation with the enhanced preemption with penalties bill.