• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Female new to OCing looking for answers.....and to say HI!!!

Twiztid Angel

heh- I'm the opposite. To me it does make me feel constricted. It feels like a little monkey clinging onto my leg. I always have the urge to shake it off. I haven't found a DL that works for me yet.

LOL well i have 2 kiddos now 11 and 14 and got use to a monkey on my leg :monkey .... maybe thats why it doesnt bother me :D

mekender

I would say that if you have other's in your car, the best place for the gun is in your holster under your direct control.

If you are worried about it possibly being concealed in that location, having a CHP would eliminate that concern.

Badger Johnson

as a instructor for safe driving classes we are told to inform the class to consent to searches to make there life easier.

This concerns and puzzles me. Why not have drivers' ed instructors tell their class "The Law" concerning stops and searches?

You may have something COMPLETELY innocuous in there, maybe a spent casing hidden under a floormat from being at the range. That's going to invite further investigation, including detainment, frisking, running your gun's serial no., justified or not. I would not want the officer(s) searching my car and I'm a teetotaler, and always completely legal.

Twiztid Angel

This concerns and puzzles me. Why not have drivers' ed instructors tell their class "The Law" concerning stops and searches?

You may have something COMPLETELY innocuous in there, maybe a spent casing hidden under a floormat from being at the range. That's going to invite further investigation, including detainment, frisking, running your gun's serial no., justified or not. I would not want the officer(s) searching my car and I'm a teetotaler, and always completely legal.

I have to teach what they tell me...the text is determined by the National Safety Council and we are required to teach it the way they instruct us too...since this is for the court this class is required to keep from getting points on your license.

When we tell them to consent to searches it is purely to make there life simplified not that they HAVE to...just that it makes it easier:cuss: I don't agree with it but to keep my job I must comply as they routinely send "rats" in to test our knowledge of the information we teach and asses us.

Last edited:

buzzsaw

"I have to teach what they tell me...the text is determined by the National Safety Council and we are required to teach it the way they instruct us too...since this is for the court this class is required to keep from getting points on your license.

When we tell them to consent to searches it is purely to make there life simplified not that they HAVE to...just that it makes it easier I don't agree with it but to keep my job I must comply as they routinely send "rats" in to test our knowledge of the information we teach and asses us."

No big surprise there. I've worked at a community college too. BTW Have you had a chance to review the video's on "Never talk to the police"? I'm fairly sure they are posted on you- tube but there have been links posted on this forum. It is a lecture by a lawyer to a class of law students and very interesting. Well worth a few minutes to view.

jag06

:D I was just being me...impatient for answers (bored at home on a puter will do that for ya)...so far this site is wonderful and I thank goodness its here for me to get info from.

Thank you Elixin...Im just trying to get all my ducks in a row...can never have too much knowledge. I don't think im as worried as GATTTOTP as I was when I first read about it...for me I think a 4'11'' mom with 2 kiddos in tow probably wont be as terrifying as someone such as my hubby went out with a revolver strapped to his thigh:lol: I have already beat it into him before I had came here about the importance of standing up for his rights in traffic stops...as a instructor for safe driving classes we are told to inform the class to consent to searches to make there life easier...I see now where LEO might be unaware of OUR rights are...they go through the same training I do and things like the carrying whether cc or oc isn't covered in motor vehicles section...in fact at one time they were advising us to tell them to lock the weapon in the glove box:banghead: I found out different and no longer include that in my class.

I homeschool so I have unique chance to educate the mothers of our homeschoolers. I hope to have an lunch or dinner in my area to raise awareness...maybe a OC mommy event :cool:

Thank you guys for the info...I look forward to the day when I can bring some info to yall.:monkey

Good to see you over here! The other site you are on, though a good site with lots of great info, but just like anywhere you go people seem to be intolerant of others opinions, I have been over there long enough to experience it myself. Hope you enjoy it over here!

On the homeschool comment, glad to see another parent that cares enough about there kids not to send them to the government brainwashing institute that is our public school system. My mom homeschooled me until I graduated highschool 3 years ago, she was even the head of the high point group for several years. I would not have traded being homeschooled for anything. If your kids don't already, they will one day thank you for homeschooling them.

rotorhead

LOL well i have 2 kiddos now 11 and 14 and got use to a monkey on my leg :monkey .... maybe thats why it doesnt bother me :D

Mine are all grown, but then they made new ones, which now cling to my leg like monkeys...which is probably why it does bother me lol.

Twiztid Angel

No big surprise there. I've worked at a community college too. BTW Have you had a chance to review the video's on "Never talk to the police"? I'm fairly sure they are posted on you- tube but there have been links posted on this forum. It is a lecture by a lawyer to a class of law students and very interesting. Well worth a few minutes to view.

Yes despite what I am told to teach I have beat it into my hubby's head over and over never consent....I took a mini BLET class in High school and actually plan to go back this year and take the BLET classes.

Good to see you over here! The other site you are on, though a good site with lots of great info, but just like anywhere you go people seem to be intolerant of others opinions, I have been over there long enough to experience it myself. Hope you enjoy it over here!

On the homeschool comment, glad to see another parent that cares enough about there kids not to send them to the government brainwashing institute that is our public school system. My mom homeschooled me until I graduated highschool 3 years ago, she was even the head of the high point group for several years. I would not have traded being homeschooled for anything. If your kids don't already, they will one day thank you for homeschooling them.

Good to hear there is others out there....according to most of society homeschoolers are weird and not social creatures....my kids have a good understanding of there rights and that scares people....I have to be especially careful of what I do because I am under constant scrutiny....as you know but others probably don't we are looked down upon and told we are constantly making bad decisions for our children.

If it wasnt for me my kiddos would not know 2/3 of what they know....we teach them the truth and let them explore to learn more than what the Public schools would teach partially and then move on. I hope I am doing the best for my kiddos as I love them to pieces and only want the best for them.

Twiztid Angel

Mine are all grown, but then they made new ones, which now cling to my leg like monkeys...which is probably why it does bother me lol.

LOL cherish those little ones they grow up way too fast.

My kiddos love guns and get to shoot them regularly....they look forward to the day they can OC....it is a relatively new thing for me but they are learning as I do what they can and can't do.

VW_Factor

I didn't read the thread fully, however what caught my eye was the Rhino lined Pathy. Pics of the Pathy plz. :)

Twiztid Angel

I didn't read the thread fully, however what caught my eye was the Rhino lined Pathy. Pics of the Pathy plz. :)

LOL happy to show of my Pathy!!! Did it all by my lonsome....took me a few days and it was rolled on after being sanded to rough up the paint....it is my pride and joy. :)

DSCF2954.jpg

DSCF2951.jpg

DSCF2952.jpg

SANY1910.jpg

Last edited:

VW_Factor

Gorgeous! <3

Mine is currently in the shop having its rear main seal replaced. (I don't have the time, nor tools, nor space to do it myself alone).

I really like how that turned out as well. :D Looks great!

Smith45acp

Any self respecting 4x4 needs a little 'character' aka dents

My body shop guy had a free tailgate to replace mine that has suffered from a lapse (someone else's!) in trailer hitching protocol. All it needed was painting to match. I said no, thanks.

I'm so perfect it just doesn't feel right for my ride to be as well

Last edited:

Twiztid Angel

Gorgeous! <3

Mine is currently in the shop having its rear main seal replaced. (I don't have the time, nor tools, nor space to do it myself alone).

I really like how that turned out as well. :D Looks great!

Thankers :cool::cool::cool::cool: I love how it turned out and its really a tough exterior (a few coats that equals almost a 1/4 inch thick)....been through heck and never a scratch....easy to repair if needed as the rhino stuff blends in with the surrounding rhino liner if it does happen to scratch.

Little bugger hits the mud hard too ;)....gets out of places you wouldn't think it could being only a v6 and factory:p

Total project was under $200 as the liner stuff was about 50 per can and we used about 3 cans and part of the 4th.

Twiztid Angel

Any self respecting 4x4 needs a little 'character' aka dents

My body shop guy had a free tailgate to replace mine that has suffered from a lapse (someone else's!) in trailer hitching protocol. All it needed was painting to match. I said no, thanks.

I'm so perfect it just doesn't feel right for my ride to be as well

LOL in pic 2 you see its got a big DENT .... hubby backed it into a telephone pole (it was raining really hard) and cause its so smooth it just kept going .... peeled the back door back but i got it somewhat beat back into place .... hard to tell in person unless you really look at it.

jag06

Yes despite what I am told to teach I have beat it into my hubby's head over and over never consent....I took a mini BLET class in High school and actually plan to go back this year and take the BLET classes.

Good to hear there is others out there....according to most of society homeschoolers are weird and not social creatures....my kids have a good understanding of there rights and that scares people....I have to be especially careful of what I do because I am under constant scrutiny....as you know but others probably don't we are looked down upon and told we are constantly making bad decisions for our children.

If it wasnt for me my kiddos would not know 2/3 of what they know....we teach them the truth and let them explore to learn more than what the Public schools would teach partially and then move on. I hope I am doing the best for my kiddos as I love them to pieces and only want the best for them.

You are one of the few who actually cares enough about your kids to actually do something proactive, trust me you are doing whats best. I deal with a lot of parents who care about their kids, but are not willing to do anything more than drop them off and let someone els raise them. I remember growing up getting strange looks when people found out that I was home schooled and wondered why. Once I got a little older and understood it better, I could have a little fun with people. You mean you don't socialize? No, this is the one day of the month my parents let me out of the basement and I get to see other people. But after a while the whole you don't socialize thing just gets old.

Just to keep from sidetracking your thread, don't know if you have seen any of the crimestrike videos, but here is one where a guy uses a judge to defend himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdBnkI5UeY&feature=channel_video_title
There is a thread about the show in the true tales of self defense section.

Twiztid Angel

You are one of the few who actually cares enough about your kids to actually do something proactive, trust me you are doing whats best. I deal with a lot of parents who care about their kids, but are not willing to do anything more than drop them off and let someone els raise them. I remember growing up getting strange looks when people found out that I was home schooled and wondered why. Once I got a little older and understood it better, I could have a little fun with people. You mean you don't socialize? No, this is the one day of the month my parents let me out of the basement and I get to see other people. But after a while the whole you don't socialize thing just gets old.

Just to keep from sidetracking your thread, don't know if you have seen any of the crimestrike videos, but here is one where a guy uses a judge to defend himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdBnkI5UeY&feature=channel_video_title
There is a thread about the show in the true tales of self defense section.

Thank you its not too often I hear positive comments on homeschooling....my kids are very well cross socialized as they can deal with any age group and not just there age group....which never made any scene cause socializing with a group similar to yours is not truly socialization....cant get that across to opponents of HSing lol....Public schooling did not open there minds to think outside the box hehehehe:p

Looks like the Judge did what it was intended to do ;) .... saved that man .... more power to him .... if you notice he said the cops showed up pretty quickly-10 minutes or so:shocker::shocker::shocker::shocker::confused: if thats fast then WOW!!!!!

Spearhead

Welcome to OCDO.

Don't forget to download the NC flyer. I'm not sure where it is at now, but it is around here somewhere for folks to download. Maybe do a search for it.

Twiztid Angel

Welcome to OCDO.

Don't forget to download the NC flyer. I'm not sure where it is at now, but it is around here somewhere for folks to download. Maybe do a search for it.

Thank you for the welcome....the flyer was the first thing I found on here but just making sure nothing had changed since it was made;)

I think I got it down what to do.....

Am I being detained?

Am I free to go?

I think they shall be poop outa luck with an ID anyway as I don't carry a pocket book nor do I carry my ID (its for driving so it stays in the car lol-hidden somewhere) ...I carry keys and bank card which happens to be on my key ring lol:p Im purdy low tech so I carry my cell phone sometimes but most of the time I end up leaving it at home...can you tell I not attached to it lol.

Last edited:

Spearhead

I agree with the others here about the recorder. I grabbed a digital one at Staples, I think. It records 80 hours before it is full, so I can have it on the whole time I am out, and it fits just right in a spare magazine holder. I painted over the LED with a little black paint so the cop won't notice the bright red light that indicates that it is recording.

I consider it a must-have. Most of the time the officer tends to "forget" important details about the encounter.

And North Carolina is a one-party consent state. So as long as you know you are recording it is legal.