Thread: CZ competent gunsmith?

CZ competent gunsmith?

Looking for a semi local smith to do a carry trigger job and maybe swap some springs for my CZ and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm just trying to avoid shipping costs and waiting longer to get my pistol back if I send it to CZcustom.
    On a related note, anybody know how to improve the trigger on a Springfield XD or a smith that will do some work one one of them?

http://www.springerprecision.com/

Not really local but he has what youre looking for.

Which model CZ? If a 75 series you might be money ahead to send it to their custom shop. The best jobs on these pistols are done with some sear angle changes to eliminate the "gain", where the hammer is forced back while pulling the trigger in single stage.

If you do consider a local, find out how any CZ's he/she has done before yours. Lots of 1911 mechanics out there but not a lot with CZ experience.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

That's the reason I'm asking around, hoping to find someone local who has done CZ work before. I've seen a few people who won't do custom work on them. I guess learning a new system is just too much to ask for when there are millions of 1911's out there.

If I don't find someone local, I'll send it to czcustom and Angus in Arizona. I was just hoping to save a few $$ on shipping and maybe cut down the wait time. Plus, I don't want major work done, just a competition hammer, lighter springs and a little polishing of the action. I really like the gun, but the trigger isn't improving much with about 700 rounds and lots of dry fire practice. Seems, to me, to have a bit too much movement of the hammer before releasing. I like a little travel in a defense gun, but it has a bit much for even my tastes. My stock XD has a lighter trigger and less stacking after take up.

Quote Originally Posted by irish52084 View Post
    That's the reason I'm asking around, hoping to find someone local who has done CZ work before. I've seen a few people who won't do custom work on them. I guess learning a new system is just too much to ask for when there are millions of 1911's out there.

If I don't find someone local, I'll send it to czcustom and Angus in Arizona. I was just hoping to save a few $$ on shipping and maybe cut down the wait time. Plus, I don't want major work done, just a competition hammer, lighter springs and a little polishing of the action. I really like the gun, but the trigger isn't improving much with about 700 rounds and lots of dry fire practice. Seems, to me, to have a bit too much movement of the hammer before releasing. I like a little travel in a defense gun, but it has a bit much for even my tastes. My stock XD has a lighter trigger and less stacking after take up.
    My experience is that trying to save time and money often leads to shortcuts. In the end you save neither.

I have a dozen or more of those "projects" that I've said all too often "If I'd only spent the money or taken the time for the right job".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    My experience is that trying to save time and money often leads to shortcuts. In the end you save neither.

I have a dozen or more of those "projects" that I've said all too often "If I'd only spent the money or taken the time for the right job".
    This is all too true. After looking around for a few days, I think I'm going to send it to Angus at czcustom and have the competition hammer installed by them. It my surpass my budget by a few dollars, but it's not a big difference.

I wish I was brave enough to buy some basic tools and start doing my own custom work. I'm pretty handy and mechanically inclined, but I've got nobody to ask questions or learn from so I guess it's off to the shop they go. I hate sending it away almost as much as I hate paying someone to work on my car for me.

I wish I was brave enough to buy some basic tools and start doing my own custom work. I'm pretty handy and mechanically inclined, but I've got nobody to ask questions or learn from so I guess it's off to the shop they go. I hate sending it away almost as much as I hate paying someone to work on my car for me.
    Just sleep with your other pistol under your pillow. It will have a calming effect until you get the CZ back.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Just sleep with your other pistol under your pillow. It will have a calming effect until you get the CZ back.
    It just won't be the same, the XD is just soulless, heartless plastic plus, it's ugly and chunky.

It just won't be the same, the XD is just soulless, heartless plastic plus, it's ugly and chunky.
    Yeah, pacifiers aren't like the "real thing" but the're better than nothing if you need something to calm you down.

Was telling herself about this thread, she recommend you just put a bag over the XD when you shoot it....or maybe two, one for the pistol and one for you in case that one falls off...

Yeah but at least it's not a Glock.