Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OK House passes licensed OC bill

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,508

    OK House passes licensed OC bill

    Still has to get past the state senate and the governor, and it's only for licensees.

    It's a baby step in the right direction.

    http://www.koco.com/r/27060645/detail.html

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    744
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-a-referendum

    Actually, after it passes the house and senate it goes to a vote of the people not the governor. If the people approve it November 2010 then it goes into law.

  3. #3
    Regular Member OldCurlyWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-a-referendum

    Actually, after it passes the house and senate it goes to a vote of the people not the governor. If the people approve it November 2010 then it goes into law.

    We did not vote for it 4 months ago. It would be 8 months in the future. One mustn't lose track of the time stream and create those nasty little time loops.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

    Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    We did not vote for it 4 months ago. It would be 8 months in the future. One mustn't lose track of the time stream and create those nasty little time loops.
    Eep...bad keyboard. Actually we would vote on it 20 months in the future. Then next general election is November 2012.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Oklahoma
    Posts
    15
    I thought they were amending Tibb's bill to remove all the open ballot requirements making it a legislative effort only? Did that amendment not get accepted?

    I just looked at the link and it is dated March 2nd, updated March 3rd. Much has happened since then. The best information comes from http://www.oklegislature.gov/index.aspx. If you dig through on HB1796 you will see that Tibb's stunt may have backfired. After her open ballot version got to the house floor, house Republicans began ammending the bill by stripping out all the sections that require an open ballot essentially making it the bill most of us wanted like last year's version.

    The voting other posters' mentioned and referred to on the first link in this thread was only a committee vote to get it to the house floor. All we need now is for everything to go just like it did last year except with a governor who had on her campaign site that she supported and would sign an Open Carry bill.
    Last edited by Peacemaker65; 03-10-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Did more research and added two paragraphs

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    I thought they were amending Tibb's bill to remove all the open ballot requirements making it a legislative effort only? Did that amendment not get accepted?

    I just looked at the link and it is dated March 2nd, updated March 3rd. Much has happened since then. The best information comes from http://www.oklegislature.gov/index.aspx. If you dig through on HB1796 you will see that Tibb's stunt may have backfired. After her open ballot version got to the house floor, house Republicans began ammending the bill by stripping out all the sections that require an open ballot essentially making it the bill most of us wanted like last year's version.

    The voting other posters' mentioned and referred to on the first link in this thread was only a committee vote to get it to the house floor. All we need now is for everything to go just like it did last year except with a governor who had on her campaign site that she supported and would sign an Open Carry bill.
    The amendments have been filed but have not been voted on yet. When the bill comes up on the floor next week, they will vote on the amendments and then vote on the bill. I will be following the session all week so as soon as it comes up and they do something with it, I will be posting the outcome here on the board. Probably in the thread I mentioned above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •