• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK House passes licensed OC bill

OldCurlyWolf

hrdware

We did not vote for it 4 months ago. It would be 8 months in the future. One mustn't lose track of the time stream and create those nasty little time loops. :cool:

Eep...bad keyboard. Actually we would vote on it 20 months in the future. Then next general election is November 2012.

Peacemaker65

I thought they were amending Tibb's bill to remove all the open ballot requirements making it a legislative effort only? Did that amendment not get accepted?

I just looked at the link and it is dated March 2nd, updated March 3rd. Much has happened since then. The best information comes from http://www.oklegislature.gov/index.aspx. If you dig through on HB1796 you will see that Tibb's stunt may have backfired. After her open ballot version got to the house floor, house Republicans began ammending the bill by stripping out all the sections that require an open ballot essentially making it the bill most of us wanted like last year's version.

The voting other posters' mentioned and referred to on the first link in this thread was only a committee vote to get it to the house floor. All we need now is for everything to go just like it did last year except with a governor who had on her campaign site that she supported and would sign an Open Carry bill.

Last edited:

hrdware

I thought they were amending Tibb's bill to remove all the open ballot requirements making it a legislative effort only? Did that amendment not get accepted?

I just looked at the link and it is dated March 2nd, updated March 3rd. Much has happened since then. The best information comes from http://www.oklegislature.gov/index.aspx. If you dig through on HB1796 you will see that Tibb's stunt may have backfired. After her open ballot version got to the house floor, house Republicans began ammending the bill by stripping out all the sections that require an open ballot essentially making it the bill most of us wanted like last year's version.

The voting other posters' mentioned and referred to on the first link in this thread was only a committee vote to get it to the house floor. All we need now is for everything to go just like it did last year except with a governor who had on her campaign site that she supported and would sign an Open Carry bill.

The amendments have been filed but have not been voted on yet. When the bill comes up on the floor next week, they will vote on the amendments and then vote on the bill. I will be following the session all week so as soon as it comes up and they do something with it, I will be posting the outcome here on the board. Probably in the thread I mentioned above.