• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbian article about Clark County

Lovenox

While properly permitted revolvers, pistols, shotguns and rifles are now OK to bring into parks, that doesn’t mean anything goes.

I don't have a permit for any of my weapons...

Trigger Dr

Clark County Deputy Prosecutor Chris Horne told commissioners they will still be able to prohibit weapons at county-owned facilities, specifically the Sleep Country Amphitheater

WRONG!!!!!

amlevin

Clark County Deputy Prosecutor Chris Horne told commissioners they will still be able to prohibit weapons at county-owned facilities, specifically the Sleep Country Amphitheater

WRONG!!!!!

This is just the Prosecutor showing that they aren't totally "whipped" Kind of like the famous mouse showing his last act of defiance

defiance_mouse_eagle.jpg

Last edited:

svxr8dr

WRONG!!!!!

I wrote to Clark County Deputy Prosecutor Chris Horne for claification about prohibiting weapons at county-owned facilities, specifically the Sleep Country Amphitheater.

His response is below for anyone interested:

"Any property owner who owns land may exclude weapons from their property. You can in you house, a business may on its premises. Similarly, the county can exclude firearms, to the extent we own property like any other property owner.

The key is that the county owns land in different capacities. In our governmental capacity we own property such as parks and may not restrict firearms. The county can also own land separate from its governmental role. It is in that context that the court has said that we may exclude as any other owner."

svxr8dr

No he did not. The quote is his complete email to me. Though I did politely reply and ask.

Last edited: