• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego March Monday meets 3/21, 3/28

Firemark

Tentative meetups for last 2 mondays of March in the greater San Diego area. It will be after daylight savings so it should be sunset for dinner time.

Was thinking of Firehouse eatery in Pacific Beach for one of them but I am open to suggestions and any recon reports of other places to carry.

Please feel free to make business contacts and report any pro 2A restaurants or coffee houses that invite us to patronize.

Born2Lose

If you want to be some media attention they are having the ribbon cutting for the highway 52 connector in Santee on Saturday 3/19.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/02/grand-opening-set-for-completed-santee-freeway/#

You can walk or ride bikes on the entire 4 mile stretch. Although the entire stretch probably isn't clear of GFSZ i'm sure much of it is. From my intial and brief look it appears the Cuyamaca exit ribbon cutting location is clear of the 1000' zone.

http://www.ci.santee.ca.us/index.aspx?recordid=348&page=9

Last edited:

Firemark

Media attention for sure... But positive media attention for 2A rights probably not so sure, at least for a group of UOC'rs. They would paint it as some sort of tea party fanatic demonstration..

Like your thinking though, being in an everyday ordinary situation UOC'ing

Ruiner.NIN

I was wondering when the next meet was going to happen. Count me in!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Firemark

Monday March 21st has sunset at 1900 hours, so if people can make it to the beach to watch the sunset at 1900 hours or just a few minutes prior, then some snacks social gathering, and info sharing at the Firehouse eatery.

Chime in if you are coming so I can make a reservation and advise how many are coming.