• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Year Open Carry established?

holyburd

I am taking criminal justice courses, and for one of them I selected Open Carry Pro's and Con's as a debate in regards to crime spikes and flat-lines resulted by open carry. I am having trouble finding the years in which Arizona and Ohio established Open Carry. Does anybody know? Information would be greatly appreciated.

sultan62

You'd be better off posting in those state subforums. However, it is very possible that open carry was never against the law, like here in NC. Therefore, in NC, Open Carry was never "established."

Last edited:

N605TW

Activist Member
I'm by far an expert in any law. In Ohio there are no laws on the books that regulates an unconcealed weapon so Ohio did not establish open carry.

rotorhead

I'm by far an expert in any law. In Ohio there are no laws on the books that regulates an unconcealed weapon so Ohio did not establish open carry.

Pretty bold claim. I'm afraid I'll have to see some credentials :)

Dreamer

Open Carry was established in the US in 1776.

It was officially codified into US law on June 21, 1788, when the US Constitution was ratified.

It was only that some states decided at later dates (like IL, MD, NJ, NY, etc) that they had the right (which they do not) to violate the US Constitution and enact illegal, immoral, and in EVERY CASE, racist laws to prevent the lawful carry of defensive firearms by law-abiding citizens...

The re-establishment of the Fundamental Human Right to self-defense on a nation-wide level will be a longer and harder battle than the Civil Rights movement was, because the very people who are hurt most by this egregious violation of civil rights (restrictions on lawful OC) are the ones who have been most effectively brainwashed to see this Fundamental Human Right as something that is harmful and wrong.

But we are working on that...

Education, personal responsibility, and love of family and community are our watchwords...

"Upon the altar of God I pledge eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
--Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:

Dreamer

I am taking criminal justice courses, and for one of them I selected Open Carry Pro's and Con's as a debate in regards to crime spikes and flat-lines resulted by open carry.

If you want to REALLY get a discussion started in a CJ classroom, present a report on the correlation between the size of LEAs and crime. Do the research--it is shocking...

Basically, you will find that in the US, more cops = more crime, ESPECIALLY in states and municipalities with very restrictive gun laws like MD, NY, IL, and DC...

Dreamer

N605TW

Activist Member

Obviously it was a type-o. I originally meant to say "I'm by far not an expert in any law" I will run to and hide in my bunker now. :eek:

Dreamer

Obviously it was a type-o. I originally meant to say "I'm by far not an expert in any law" I will run to and hide in my bunker now. :eek:

Yes, it would appear that your expertise in the law is only exceeded by your expertise in the use of the English language... :rolleyes:

eye95

Oddly, I read what you meant and not what you typed. Probably because my mind was ready to see a disclaimer, not bragging.

rotorhead

heh- I knew what you meant. Mine was a joke which I hoped you would notice by me posting the smiley at the end.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nah - the information wasn't too important for the OP - he has neither posted as suggested nor been back.

Oh well.