Thread: Obama to appoint another anti American

Obama to appoint another anti American

Hear is a website to go to and it will contact your senators to tell them to appose this *******. Just fill out the info and push send, done. stoptraver.org

Banned
    I have no idea what you are posting about.

go to this website. stoptraver.org you will see.

Banned
    No.

I don't follow blind links.

Its a domain purchased by the NRA-ILA it looks like. Its a silly script to help you fill out a letter to either email or print out and send to the appropriate Senators.

Before you just "don't follow" a blind link hitup a /whois lookup. Or use a secure browser, with an AdBlocker.

Banned
    Nah. If the person who posts the link doesn't bother to introduce it or excerpt it (or preferably, both), I won't bother to visit the site.

Ostrich.

I followed the link and filled out the form. Thanks for providing the link! Definately something we do NOT want to let happen.

Excerpt from the website:

"President Barack Obama has nominated anti-gun extremist Andrew Traver to be Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)."

The website opposes this measure, and affords a means of contacting Congress to oppose it.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Nah. If the person who posts the link doesn't bother to introduce it or excerpt it (or preferably, both), I won't bother to visit the site.
    It is a separate site set up by the NRA/ILA to send an email to your senators to tell them to vote against confirming Travers as the head of the ATF. If you don't trust their links, I feel for you.
    I'm just not saying what I feel.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Ah, the all-too-predictable insult.

No worries. I won't return it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    It is a separate site set up by the NRA/ILA to send an email to your senators to tell them to vote against confirming Travers as the head of the ATF. If you don't trust their links, I feel for you.
    I'm just not saying what I feel.
    Please reread what I wrote.

Yeah... Guys.. No need to worry about other peoples browsing habits.. Relax..

The link is for a good cause, but it fishes for info, that I wish not to give as well. In spirit. I did the letters anyway to my Senators..

Do what you will.

http://eye95.com Cash Roots versus Grass Roots
    moving on
    Last edited by oldbanger; 03-10-2011 at 12:38 AM.

No.

Like the one in your signature
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    "President Barack Obama has nominated anti-gun extremist Andrew Traver to be Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)."
    Any topic that has "anti-American," "Obama," and "anti-gun 'extremist'" in it is not worth following the link to.

Just another one of those right-winger fear-mongering pages.

Thank you for the link though. There are individuals on here that will be more than happy to fill out the required information and hit "send."
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Any topic that has "anti-American," "Obama," and "anti-gun 'extremist'" in it is not worth following the link to.

Just another one of those right-winger fear-mongering pages.

Thank you for the link though. There are individuals on here that will be more than happy to fill out the required information and hit "send."
    If you do any search for him then you would know that it isn't so much of "fear-mongering" but rather stuff that's likely true. The guy was nominated back in November, but if you look at any of the stuff then you would know just how potentially bad news he is. First off he's from the Chicago ATF office which should raise flags. Secondly he's supported by the Brady campaign which is another flag. He did a video saying how dangerous AKs are, proceeds to say that they should be banned because they can defeat standard bullet-proof vests. I mean has he seen some of the hunting rounds compared to an AK round? Then to show just how dangerous they are he has a reporter fire a fully auto AK FROM THE HIP as proof of how dangerous and inaccurate they are.

I could go on, but I won't. You can do a simple google search for yourself. But if he were to be confirmed it would be a bad thing.

+1, this guy is a complete joke. Im sure he got nominated for his political views more so than his knowlege. If he thinks an AK is a more powerful weapon than a deer rifle than he is a flaming idiot, but, I bet alot of the sheep feed off of that because they dont know any better, which is what the anti American officials rely.

There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding firearms.

But "anti-American," "extremist," please, there is enough rhetoric out there in the 'news'.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding firearms.

But "anti-American," "extremist," please, there is enough rhetoric out there in the 'news'.
    While I wouldn't say he's "anti-American" (though given how ingrained 2A at least used to be one could say it's un-American), he does hold pretty extreme views in regards to guns.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 03-12-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    +1, this guy is a complete joke.
    So is Kim Bodice, the propagandist reporter who compiled this clip.

I've fired AK-47s on several occasions and never had the slightest issue controlling my direction of fire. As for the mother who lost her daughter, my condolences, but an AK-47 is nowhere near as powerful as a shotgun, particularly at close range. At distance, most hunting rifles are more powerful, as well.

I'm sure he got nominated for his political views more so than his knowlege. If he thinks an AK is a more powerful weapon than a deer rifle than he is a flaming idiot, but, I bet alot of the sheep feed off of that because they dont know any better, which is what the anti American officials rely.
    If Traver can't get his facts straight on something this simple, how in the world is anyone to trust him as head of the BATF?

NOT the right person for the job.
    Last edited by since9; 03-12-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

No.

A plaintext URL is not a "blind link". In fact, it's pretty much the antithesis of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    If you do any search for him then you would know that it isn't so much of "fear-mongering" but rather stuff that's likely true.
    Why discredit the message with pointless rhetoric?

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    If he thinks an AK is a more powerful weapon than a deer rifle than he is a flaming idiot
    Depends what you mean by "power".

Browning called it the "Hi-Power" due to its capacity, not the kinetic energy of the 9x19 round.
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-13-2011 at 12:25 AM.

AHH I see, I didnt know that.