Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Bill Killed

Open Carry Bill Killed

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...ent/245176/PDF

Deleted offensive religious reference -Gray. I will NOT be open carrying in such a manner. UNBELIEVABLE.
    Last edited by Gray Peterson; 03-11-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Display of license in a clear sleeve. Retention holster required...

By Evars himself.

Here it comes.

Toljaso.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Pos rino

Technically, it isn't dead. Just so perverted no decent human being would consider it.

What information is on the license? Why don't Driver's need to do this?

We could fix it in court if we were rich, but frankly, we'd do better to scuttle this abomination.

The Florida Joint Coalition of Liberals and Neocons has been victorious again.
    Last edited by ixtow; 03-09-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by maps761 View Post
    Pos rino
    Evars isn't a rino as I can see.

He's desperately trying to appease #3 to get the vote he needs. This is why we hadn't heard anything from the bastard in 3 months.

I'm sure this dirty Cop planned to grab Evars by the short and curlies like this from the beginning. Evars is just trying to do anything he can to get SOMETHING past this Neocon/Cop degenerate.

But the concessions are far too great. These poison pills are WAY too much. We need to kill this or become prisoners of it.
    Last edited by ixtow; 03-09-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Evars isn't a rino as I can see.

He's desperately trying to appease #3 to get the vote he needs. This is why we hadn't heard anything from the bastard in 3 months.

I'm sure this dirty Cop planned to grab Evars by the short and curlies like this from the beginning. Evars is just trying to do anything he can to get SOMETHING past this Neocon/Cop degenerate.

But the concessions are far too great. These poison pills are WAY too much. We need to kill this or become prisoners of it.
    Ok, once we get it out of CJ can it be amended again? We may not need Dean's vote at the full senate.

Yeah i dont mind the licensed open carry being since i have my concealed but the whole having to have your license visible on or near your holster is stupid.

Called Dean's office. They said they didn't know and that as far as they could tell Ever's did himself.

I don't buy it. But I'll find out.

Retention training???? I'm ok with the level two holster, but my full name and info on my CCW hanging out for all to see???? Wow so and so who lives at such and such drive has guns. Let me call up the gang to do a little B&E while he's at walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    Retention training???? I'm ok with the level two holster, but my full name and info on my CCW hanging out for all to see???? Wow so and so who lives at such and such drive has guns. Let me call up the gang to do a little B&E while he's at walmart.
    My anger and disappointment has given way to laughter. They have such contempt for we the people it's making me laugh.

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    My anger and disappointment has given way to laughter. They have such contempt for we the people it's making me laugh.
    Wow, now lets all start emailing the politicians, encouraging them to vote this DOWN! Once in place it would be too hard to change. Rather it go down and we live to fight another day. This is one ugly proposed law....
    Last edited by protect our rights; 03-09-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by protect our rights View Post
    Wow, now lets all start emailing the politicians, encouraging them to vote this DOWN! Once in place it would be too hard to change. Rather it go down and we live to fight another day. This is one ugly proposed law....
    I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. The will to get change this abomination will not be strong enough in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. The will to get change this abomination will not be strong enough in the foreseeable future.
    If the legislative branch doesn't correct this mistake, the courts will. Only, the judicial route will cost the state a few hundred thousand more.

We might be better off with a lawsuit. NRA needs to downgrade Dean to an "F" if he was the pressure.

Dean threatened Evar's with a no vote if he didn't add these. Waited until the last moment to avoid any scrutiny while making sure he didn't have HIS name on the amendments. Typical Neocon LEO, no respect for We the People. Trying to hide from it means he knows it was wrong and wanted it done anyway. Forcing Evars to pin it on himself as part of the deal, what an a$$hole.

Toljaso.
    Last edited by ixtow; 03-09-2011 at 05:55 PM.

I messaged Evars and told him that I understand he was trying to garner the support of the hold-out Cop who waited until the last minute to say he would 'nay' it unless these poison pills were added. But, as a result, we need to scuttle this FAST, it is no longer a reclamation of our rights, but further destruction of them.

These are NOT Evars' Amendments. He was forced to put it on his name so the real culprit wouldn't be known.

We need to remember the Neocon LEO scumbag that did this to us. It's typical of a LEO to pressure someone else into doing dirty stuff and hide his own name.

Dean is at the top of my schidt list. Anyone who believes in America needs to put him there, too.
    Maybe the bill should have included some funding pork for police departments to get Dean onboard. Or is cannibalism still a crime?

Just make sure the NRA downgrades him. And make sure to fry him within the community and his district.

How would we get him off of the CJ committee? I feel like we'd have the support in full session.
    Last edited by nigmalg; 03-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alude904 View Post
    Yeah i dont mind the licensed open carry being since i have my concealed
    "I've got mine, so **** you!"

Quote Originally Posted by nigmalg View Post
    Maybe the bill should have included some funding pork for police departments to get Dean onboard. Or is cannibalism still a crime?

Just make sure the NRA downgrades him. And make sure to fry him within the community and his district.

How would we get him off of the CJ committee? I feel like we'd have the support in full session.
    Once it's confirmed that Dean was the problem. We'll find out soon

Did any of you watch/listen to the whole meeting today? They passed some pretty stupid bills and i sat through the whole thing only to hear it get mangled. Dissappointed

Did any of you watch/listen to the whole meeting today? They passed some pretty stupid bills and i sat through the whole thing only to hear it get mangled. Dissappointed
    I watched the whole thing, starting at 3:15. They saved it for last, even though the majority of the audience was there for that bill. 18 people went there to speak.

The only good thing here is that it was officially postponed again until next week. This gives us time to slam Dean's office.

I couldn't take it. The worship of the police in that committee meeting was beyond my wildest imagination. I had to turn it off. Just another day in the USSA. Just wish there was something I could do. It's almost useless fighting taxes or the federal reserve or so many other tyrannies, but with gun rights progress is being made. It was within site here in Florida and some pot bellied neocon shot it down.

Quote Originally Posted by nigmalg View Post
    This gives us time to slam Dean's office.
    I'm all for this, but I strongly doubt it will have any affect on someone with such blatant disregard for We the People.

I'm gonna do it anyway tho. But I need to take a day or two to calm down. I have rarely been this pissed off in my life.

I'm all for this, but I strongly doubt it will have any affect on someone with such blatant disregard for We the People.

I'm gonna do it anyway tho. But I need to take a day or two to calm down. I have rarely been this pissed off in my life.

I've never been this pissed off at a political event either. I shouldn't be shocked but I am. I usually take tyranny in stride, with humor actually. Not this time. I guess it's because I got my hopes up. It's also because those fat slob LEO's in the audience got their way. We pay their freakin salary and they want me disarmed. LIVID am I.

Is it any surprise that Charlie Dean's Offices are in the heart of the most corrupt part of Florida?

Inverness, Citrus County, FL. Home of Sheriff Dawsey's Meth Kingdom. Where your kid gets raped for days and killed if you don't go along with the program. Where Cops commit drive-bys on anyone they just don't like that day. The County I had to leave just to stay alive, hunted every day.

State Researcher

Lightbulb Keep SB 234 Moving & Push to Undo the Dean Amendments

As I posted on a separate thread a few hours ago, the thing to do now is to keep pushing for SB 234 in its original version WITH Amendment 180224 (the good amendment that was offered earlier--this amendment is important ) and WITHOUT the package of bad amendments adopted yesterday.

It is critical that we not kill this bill at this point. Once the bill is officially out of committee, it will be beyond Senator Dean's individual control and can be amended both on the floor in the Senate as well as in committee and on the floor in the House. Killing the bill now only strengthens Senator Dean's hand because all other potential legislative vehicles for OC and campus carry would have to go through the exact same committee process as SB 234.

For these reasons, I reiterate that it is critical that everyone who supports OC in Florida needs to keep SB 234 moving and work through the legislative process to undo the bad amendments. There are many different stages in the process where it can be amended, both in committee and on the floor, in both the Senate and House, before it goes to the Governor.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by WVCDL View Post
    As I posted on a separate thread a few hours ago, the thing to do now is to keep pushing for SB 234 in its original version WITH Amendment 180224 (the good amendment that was offered earlier--this amendment is important ) and WITHOUT the package of bad amendments adopted yesterday.

It is critical that we not kill this bill at this point. Once the bill is officially out of committee, it will be beyond Senator Dean's individual control and can be amended both on the floor in the Senate as well as in committee and on the floor in the House. Killing the bill now only strengthens Senator Dean's hand because all other potential legislative vehicles for OC and campus carry would have to go through the exact same committee process as SB 234.

For these reasons, I reiterate that it is critical that everyone who supports OC in Florida needs to keep SB 234 moving and work through the legislative process to undo the bad amendments. There are many different stages in the process where it can be amended, both in committee and on the floor, in both the Senate and House, before it goes to the Governor.
    I take your point sir, but disagree. It's downhill from here, if that. Next we'll all need GPS tracking and locks on our guns that only the cops have keys to.

You don't know Dean and how well connected he is. Many people who think they know better write me off as a nut, but he and his henchmen in Citrus have tried to kill me several times for speaking out against them on other issues. Threatened my family on many occasions when they couldn't get to me anymore.

These people have no limits and they ALWAYS get away with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast