Thread: DOL LCCP #'s update: 295,303 and counting

DOL LCCP #'s update: 295,303 and counting

Currently DOL is reporting 295,303 LCCP issued through the first week of March, 2011.

They input 14,000 in February and are currently working on the backlog for data entry and are as far as September 2010....at that rate, the actual number of issued LCCP's is likely well over 325,000...

Current and future OC'er's

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

LCCP?????? WTF? C'mon people. Washington State has a CPL. Let's at least try to be accurate.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    LCCP?????? WTF? C'mon people. Washington State has a CPL. Let's at least try to be accurate.
    Yes, your right Spyder, accuracy is important, my apologies in advance...when I took out my card from my wallet, it says:

State of Washington

"License to carry concealed pistol"
    and then my obvious mistake of using "LCCP" in my post.

If yours says something different, it must be like, well ....WT Heck?..., I just don't know?

.....but I could be wrong, since the RCW does say :

RCW 9.41.070 : Concealed pistol license.....but, I didn't sleep in a holiday Inn last night...

Potato, Potaatoe, anyway, the really important thing for the post, is the number of folks that now have it....a cause to celebrate!~ Sorry,............. People
    Last edited by jt59; 03-09-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    Yes, your right Spyder, accuracy is important, my apologies in advance...when I took out my card from my wallet, it says:

State of Washington

"License to carry concealed pistol"
    and then my obvious mistake of using "LCCP" in my post.

If yours says something different, it must be like, well ....WT Heck?..., I just don't know?

.....but I could be wrong, since the RCW does say :

RCW 9.41.070 : Concealed pistol license.....but, I didn't sleep in a holiday Inn last night...

Potato, Potaatoe, anyway, the really important thing for the post, is the number of folks that now have it....a cause to celebrate!~ Sorry,............. People
    The RCW's say both. The license itself says License To Carry Concealed Pistol.
    Last edited by joeroket; 03-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

It has both phrases, "License to Carry Concealed Pistol"...above your name/weight.

"Concealed Pistol License"...under the signature line of the licensing authority.

HAHAHAHAHAH!

I am so glad that we now, have got this sorted out.....I presume both are acceptable to our "people".

I have to go now, and clean the litter box....

Remember, over 300,000 people in WA now have their:

LCCP
    CPL

Why not start a campaign. Everyone get at least two or three people to get their CPL (or whatever) with the goal of "One Million" licenses in the hands of Washington residents.

If every one of those who currently have a license were to recruit 3 more we'd have a "lobby" of one million people to refer to when seeking favorable legislation for gun owner/carriers.

A "Million" has a nice ring to it.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

300k is roughly 1 in every 22 people in the state. If we account for the roughly 30% of population under the age of 21, that means 1 in every 15 people old enough to get a CPL has one.

Too bad I don't have the number of felons, or other people, who can't have a cpl. Then we'd really have a good idea how many people conceal around us. I wonder how 1 in 15 stacks up to the rest of the nation?

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Why not start a campaign. Everyone get at least two or three people to get their CPL (or whatever) with the goal of "One Million" licenses in the hands of Washington residents.

If every one of those who currently have a license were to recruit 3 more we'd have a "lobby" of one million people to refer to when seeking favorable legislation for gun owner/carriers.

A "Million" has a nice ring to it.
    Yes,..........then we could do a million man (excuse me: person) march on OLY, or could we get arrested for being an organized militia?
    Last edited by jt59; 03-09-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Yes,..........then we could do a million man (excuse me: person) march on OLY, or could we get arrested for being an organized militia?
    Something tells me it would be rather difficult to arrest 1 million armed marchers. Plus, isn't 1 million people a little more than the typical militia?

Quote Originally Posted by irish52084 View Post
    Something tells me it would be rather difficult to arrest 1 million armed marchers. Plus, isn't 1 million people a little more than the typical militia?
    It would only be an "Organized Militia" if:

There was a command structure with ranks, duties, and responsibilities.

If it was truly "Organized". Lord knows it's almost impossible to organize a group of 20-30, much less a million.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

If we get to a million and become organized, can I call dibs on the rank or Supreme Grand Field Marshal? I'd like to have a really ornate rank if I'm going to march all the way to Olympia.

I've recruited my 3. Can be the store keeper this time?

Last year, 5 of my close friends and family got concealed pistol licenses. One friend has even started open carrying on occasion (usually when he's with me).

I have now convinced my wife to open carry while she is not at work . she cant do it at work because of the corperate office policies. so I'm plus 1

If we get to a million and become organized, can I call dibs on the rank or Supreme Grand Field Marshal? I'd like to have a really ornate rank if I'm going to march all the way to Olympia.

Supreme Grand Field Comander has A better ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    It would only be an "Organized Militia" if:

There was a command structure with ranks, duties, and responsibilities.

If it was truly "Organized". Lord knows it's almost impossible to organize a group of 20-30, much less a million.
    Well, if we did all that, then I guess it would end up to be a collective, leveraged non-profit organization advocating for gun rights, state legislative change, an effective common defense in legal issues, fully integrated communication and media networking to change and educate public perceptions along with pressure on local political structures for change to outdated laws and ordinance's in an "organized" fashion.....but, then again maybe I think that would just deter too much from the equally effective and coordinated grass roots effort in these areas that presently exists.
    Last edited by jt59; 03-10-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Well, if we did all that, then I guess it would end up to be a collective, leveraged non-profit organization advocating for gun rights, state legislative change, an effective common defense in legal issues, fully integrated communication and media networking to change and educate public perceptions along with pressure on local political structures for change to outdated laws and ordinance's in an "organized" fashion.....but, then again maybe I think that would just deter too much from the equally effective and coordinated grass roots effort in these areas that presently exists.
    +∞ x10

Would we have medical coverage and benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by heresolong View Post
    Would we have medical coverage and benefits?
    YES, exactly the same as you now enjoy.

Let's make this like a government or military acronym: We could call ourselves: CLNPOAGSLCECDLIFICMNCEPPPLPSCOLOOF Yeah, that rolls off the tongue real nice.

Let's make this like a government or military acronym: We could call ourselves: CLNPOAGSLCECDLIFICMNCEPPPLPSCOLOOF Yeah, that rolls off the tongue real nice.
    Nice, but did you just spit on me a little!?

500,000 would be a great and reasonable number to reach. Especially if the legal age was lowered to 18. I'm sure that would be a very large percentage if you eliminated the people too young to carry, felons, and domestic violence individuals. Then again... 0 would be better number with constitutional carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryk45XD View Post
    Nice, but did you just spit on me a little!?

500,000 would be a great and reasonable number to reach. Especially if the legal age was lowered to 18. I'm sure that would be a very large percentage if you eliminated the people too young to carry, felons, and domestic violence individuals. Then again... 0 would be better number with constitutional carry.
    Based on some examples of Constitutional Carry, a CPL would still be required for certain circumstances. Also for carry in other states with reciprocity.

I still like the idea of One Million. Wonder if any other State has one million Concealed Carry license holders? If not, why not make Washington the first?