• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOL LCCP #'s update: 295,303 and counting

jt59

Currently DOL is reporting 295,303 LCCP issued through the first week of March, 2011.

They input 14,000 in February and are currently working on the backlog for data entry and are as far as September 2010....at that rate, the actual number of issued LCCP's is likely well over 325,000...

Current and future OC'er's

:banana:

jt59

LCCP?????? WTF? C'mon people. Washington State has a CPL. Let's at least try to be accurate.

Yes, your right Spyder, accuracy is important, my apologies in advance...when I took out my card from my wallet, it says:

State of Washington

"License to carry concealed pistol"
and then my obvious mistake of using "LCCP" in my post. :banghead:

If yours says something different, it must be like, well ....WT Heck?..., I just don't know?

.....but I could be wrong, since the RCW does say :

RCW 9.41.070 : Concealed pistol license.....but, I didn't sleep in a holiday Inn last night...:lol:

Potato, Potaatoe, anyway, the really important thing for the post, is the number of folks that now have it....a cause to celebrate!~ Sorry,............. People

Last edited:

joeroket

Yes, your right Spyder, accuracy is important, my apologies in advance...when I took out my card from my wallet, it says:

State of Washington

"License to carry concealed pistol"
and then my obvious mistake of using "LCCP" in my post. :banghead:

If yours says something different, it must be like, well ....WT Heck?..., I just don't know?

.....but I could be wrong, since the RCW does say :

RCW 9.41.070 : Concealed pistol license.....but, I didn't sleep in a holiday Inn last night...:lol:

Potato, Potaatoe, anyway, the really important thing for the post, is the number of folks that now have it....a cause to celebrate!~ Sorry,............. People

The RCW's say both. The license itself says License To Carry Concealed Pistol.

Last edited:

Stretch

It has both phrases, "License to Carry Concealed Pistol"...above your name/weight.

"Concealed Pistol License"...under the signature line of the licensing authority.

jt59

HAHAHAHAHAH!

I am so glad that we now, have got this sorted out.....I presume both are acceptable to our "people".

I have to go now, and clean the litter box....

Remember, over 300,000 people in WA now have their:

LCCP
CPL

amlevin

Why not start a campaign. Everyone get at least two or three people to get their CPL (or whatever) with the goal of "One Million" licenses in the hands of Washington residents.

If every one of those who currently have a license were to recruit 3 more we'd have a "lobby" of one million people to refer to when seeking favorable legislation for gun owner/carriers.

A "Million" has a nice ring to it.

irish52084

300k is roughly 1 in every 22 people in the state. If we account for the roughly 30% of population under the age of 21, that means 1 in every 15 people old enough to get a CPL has one.

Too bad I don't have the number of felons, or other people, who can't have a cpl. Then we'd really have a good idea how many people conceal around us. I wonder how 1 in 15 stacks up to the rest of the nation?

jt59

Why not start a campaign. Everyone get at least two or three people to get their CPL (or whatever) with the goal of "One Million" licenses in the hands of Washington residents.

If every one of those who currently have a license were to recruit 3 more we'd have a "lobby" of one million people to refer to when seeking favorable legislation for gun owner/carriers.

A "Million" has a nice ring to it.

Yes,..........then we could do a million man (excuse me: person) march on OLY, or could we get arrested for being an organized militia?

Last edited:

irish52084

Yes,..........then we could do a million man (excuse me: person) march on OLY, or could we get arrested for being an organized militia?

Something tells me it would be rather difficult to arrest 1 million armed marchers. ;) Plus, isn't 1 million people a little more than the typical militia?

amlevin

Something tells me it would be rather difficult to arrest 1 million armed marchers. ;) Plus, isn't 1 million people a little more than the typical militia?

It would only be an "Organized Militia" if:

There was a command structure with ranks, duties, and responsibilities.

If it was truly "Organized". Lord knows it's almost impossible to organize a group of 20-30, much less a million.

irish52084

If we get to a million and become organized, can I call dibs on the rank or Supreme Grand Field Marshal? I'd like to have a really ornate rank if I'm going to march all the way to Olympia.:lol:

jt59

It would only be an "Organized Militia" if:

There was a command structure with ranks, duties, and responsibilities.

If it was truly "Organized". Lord knows it's almost impossible to organize a group of 20-30, much less a million.

Well, if we did all that, then I guess it would end up to be a collective, leveraged non-profit organization advocating for gun rights, state legislative change, an effective common defense in legal issues, fully integrated communication and media networking to change and educate public perceptions along with pressure on local political structures for change to outdated laws and ordinance's in an "organized" fashion.....but, then again maybe I think that would just deter too much from the equally effective and coordinated grass roots effort in these areas that presently exists.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Well, if we did all that, then I guess it would end up to be a collective, leveraged non-profit organization advocating for gun rights, state legislative change, an effective common defense in legal issues, fully integrated communication and media networking to change and educate public perceptions along with pressure on local political structures for change to outdated laws and ordinance's in an "organized" fashion.....but, then again maybe I think that would just deter too much from the equally effective and coordinated grass roots effort in these areas that presently exists.

+∞ x10

heresolong

Would we have medical coverage and benefits? :)