• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My mother passed away

Aaron1124

It's been a very crazy 30 days. On Valentines Day, I lost my mother in law due to a CDIFF infection in her intestines. On March 7th, I lost my own mother due to liver and kidney failure. I honestly can't believe the timing on all of these tragic events.

My mother had been pretty ill off and on. She had Hepatitis C, and was a heavy drinker. She had many opportunities to get rehab, but she turned them down every time, while assuring everyone that her liver is "fine". She was found unconscious in her apartment by my sister, on March 6th. She was immediately rushed to the hospital. Hospital staff said her liver was in a very late stage of failure, and she was not producing any urine, even while on a catheter, which lead them to believe she had kidney failure as well.

Myself, being her only adult child, had to make the decision to keep her off of any type of life support. It was made very clear that even if they did restart her heart, or put her on a ventilator, that her liver is in such bad condition, that this would basically be delaying the inevitable.

My mother passed away on March 7th at 5:30 PM. I honestly had no idea how severe it was until the day of her passing. When I first visited her in the hospital, the staff didn't make her out to be as critical as she was. I received a phone several hours before her passing, and was notified that she's only expected a few hours to live.

Unfortunately, I was not able to make it down there before her passing, but I did make it down there later on to meet with the rest of the family. She was only 38 years old. I will be 25 this year. She had me at a very young age. She left behind two other children; age 17 and 15.

With the recent passing of my mother in law, things have been very chaotic.

We are planning on having her cremated. Unfortunately, the family is very tight on money right now (me coming from a long lay off, and paying for my mother in law's cremation has left me very broke) so any paypal donations, or donations of any kind, to help put toward the cremation, will be very appreciated.

My wife's paypal email is evergreengliders@hotmail.com.

Thanks for reading.

RugerBabe86

I am sorry to hear all of that. My mom died when I was 22 on March 19th, 2009 of liver cancer. It took her so quickly. That was 2 years ago and it still feels like it was last week. Hang in there we are all here for you!

-Samantha in Olympia, WA

irish52084

I'm sorry for your loss. Keep your head up and take everything step by step. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Each of us will meet death but it doesn't mean we have to like it...
I lost a niece on 2/12 and my father will probably go in the next day or so.

Ruby

Aaron, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family have really had a rough time lately. I hope your younger siblings have family to stay with. I am sending a contribution in the mail Monday. God bless you and yours.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I offer you my condolences, Aaron. Never fun loosing friends or family, particularly when they're younger It's not fun, but it happens to all of us sooner or later. Enjoy what you have and with whomever you have it whenever you have it.

Aaron1124

I appreciate all of your words. It's been a rough month for everyone, but I continue to keep a positive attitude about all of this.

Fortunately, my younger siblings have their father. That is who they have been living with for the past five or so years. Unfortunately, my mother had taken a turn for the worst around then. Drugs and alcohol can destroy lives.

Aaron1124

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but her services are finally coming up on Saturday. Seems like the last couple weeks have gone by incredibly slow. I've had my hands completely full with preparation for everything. Still trying to raise a bit more money to help with funds - but the good news is, I've got about 85% of everything covered and out of the way.

I appreciate everyone's support.

SPRINGFIELDMAN-21

I lost my mother when i was 13 ( 9 years ago on april 9th) i sorry for your loss. As im unemployed as of right now i cant help you out in that sense but if you just need some one to talk to thats been through the same thing by all means PM me. my prayers are with you and your family

god bless and stay strong