Thread: Asked to leave Super Pawn/Cash America and my response.

Asked to leave Super Pawn/Cash America and my response.

Went shopping for a TV today since my old one finally took a dump on me. I figured a pawn shop might be a good place to at least look. Went to the Super Pawn off of DI and was promptly asked to leave. Three guesses why.

Anyway, below is the email I just sent them. I'll post if I get a response.

09 March 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Earlier today, March 9th, I visited the Super Pawn located at 3270 South Valley View Boulevard in Las Vegas, Nevada with the intent of spending in excess of 300$ to purchase a TV. When I arrived I was promptly asked to leave by the clerk behind the counter because I had my pistol holstered on my belt.

Her statement was that not everybody can just carry a gun.

I was disappointed with her statement and told her that I would take my business elsewhere.

I'd like to inform you that in the state of Nevada, its is perfectly legal to carry a pistol openly and concealed. I'd also like to inform you that major electronics retailers such as Best Buy, Wal Mart, Frys Electronics and many others make no issue with legal firearm carry. They welcome myself, and others like me who chose to legally carry firearms, and more importantly to a retailer, they welcome our money.

It is disappointing to me that you chose to set yourself apart as unfriendly to people like me that choose to engage in a completely legal activity that allows us, should the need arise, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Please know that as I'm sending this letter to you, I will also be making my experience known publicly in forums and events frequented by other firearms owners and firearm carriers. A group that more often then not has disposable income, income that should you not choose to change this policy will more than likely not visit you in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Name & Contact stuff.

Was she a manger or anything? I know that sort of knee jerk reaction....and I've done that before too. But maybe she didn't give the store's opinion and just her own and it could have been corrected on the spot with a different approach.

I happily take my money other places more often that take that extra deep breath and try to educate a confused person who might just be new to NV.

Hindsight it's much easier to see those alternatives, and it's also much easier to coach from the sideline =)

Happy hunting for a TV

(i might be interested in selling a 52 widescreen rca projector type older style big screen, pm and we can talk price)

"Promptly asked to leave...."

The time to debate the reasons is in the future, once that specific has been communicated to the customer, AFTER leaving so as to not run afoul of trespass law.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Well handled. If she wasn't authorized to ask you to leave, your letter will get the manager to know about it and respond appropriately. If she was, your letter still gets the point across.

I've lived here 37 years. I've never set foot in a pawn shop. Though I keep hearing that the one near Jerry's Nugget is also one of the best gun stores in town. I really need to get out more.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Zed Snardbody View Post
    Went shopping for a TV today since my old one finally took a dump on me. I figured a pawn shop might be a good place to at least look. Went to the Super Pawn off of DI and was promptly asked to leave. Three guesses why.

Anyway, below is the email I just sent them. I'll post if I get a response.

09 March 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Earlier today, March 9th, I visited the Super Pawn located at 3270 South Valley View Boulevard in Las Vegas, Nevada with the intent of spending in excess of 300$ to purchase a TV. When I arrived I was promptly asked to leave by the clerk behind the counter because I had my pistol holstered on my belt.

Her statement was that not everybody can just carry a gun.

I was disappointed with her statement and told her that I would take my business elsewhere.

I'd like to inform you that in the state of Nevada, its is perfectly legal to carry a pistol openly and concealed. I'd also like to inform you that major electronics retailers such as Best Buy, Wal Mart, Frys Electronics and many others make no issue with legal firearm carry. They welcome myself, and others like me who chose to legally carry firearms, and more importantly to a retailer, they welcome our money.

It is disappointing to me that you chose to set yourself apart as unfriendly to people like me that choose to engage in a completely legal activity that allows us, should the need arise, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Please know that as I'm sending this letter to you, I will also be making my experience known publicly in forums and events frequented by other firearms owners and firearm carriers. A group that more often then not has disposable income, income that should you not choose to change this policy will more than likely not visit you in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Name & Contact stuff.
    Good letter

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed Snardbody View Post
    should have thrown in there somewhere:

"guns are expensive, we have money. and now we're taking it somewhere else"
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

Quote Originally Posted by peter smith View Post
    --User banned--
    Its nice to see that some one from the UK has a lot of experience buying guns from pawn shops.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-02-2015 at 08:22 AM. Reason: late catching this
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Has there been any contact from the owner or Mgr?
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Make sure to send them a receipt for you tv that you purchased elsewhere.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaspassat View Post
    Make sure to send them a receipt for you tv that you purchased elsewhere.
    That was 3 and a half years ago......just sayin'
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yay for zombie threads