• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Super Pawn/Cash America and my response.

Zed Snardbody

Went shopping for a TV today since my old one finally took a dump on me. I figured a pawn shop might be a good place to at least look. Went to the Super Pawn off of DI and was promptly asked to leave. Three guesses why.

Anyway, below is the email I just sent them. I'll post if I get a response.

09 March 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Earlier today, March 9th, I visited the Super Pawn located at 3270 South Valley View Boulevard in Las Vegas, Nevada with the intent of spending in excess of 300$ to purchase a TV. When I arrived I was promptly asked to leave by the clerk behind the counter because I had my pistol holstered on my belt.

Her statement was that not everybody can just carry a gun.

I was disappointed with her statement and told her that I would take my business elsewhere.

I'd like to inform you that in the state of Nevada, its is perfectly legal to carry a pistol openly and concealed. I'd also like to inform you that major electronics retailers such as Best Buy, Wal Mart, Frys Electronics and many others make no issue with legal firearm carry. They welcome myself, and others like me who chose to legally carry firearms, and more importantly to a retailer, they welcome our money.

It is disappointing to me that you chose to set yourself apart as unfriendly to people like me that choose to engage in a completely legal activity that allows us, should the need arise, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Please know that as I'm sending this letter to you, I will also be making my experience known publicly in forums and events frequented by other firearms owners and firearm carriers. A group that more often then not has disposable income, income that should you not choose to change this policy will more than likely not visit you in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Name & Contact stuff.

Lostlittlerobot

Was she a manger or anything? I know that sort of knee jerk reaction....and I've done that before too. But maybe she didn't give the store's opinion and just her own and it could have been corrected on the spot with a different approach.

I happily take my money other places more often that take that extra deep breath and try to educate a confused person who might just be new to NV.

Hindsight it's much easier to see those alternatives, and it's also much easier to coach from the sideline =)

Happy hunting for a TV

(i might be interested in selling a 52 widescreen rca projector type older style big screen, pm and we can talk price)

wrightme

"Promptly asked to leave...."

The time to debate the reasons is in the future, once that specific has been communicated to the customer, AFTER leaving so as to not run afoul of trespass law.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well handled. If she wasn't authorized to ask you to leave, your letter will get the manager to know about it and respond appropriately. If she was, your letter still gets the point across.

I've lived here 37 years. I've never set foot in a pawn shop. Though I keep hearing that the one near Jerry's Nugget is also one of the best gun stores in town. I really need to get out more.

The Big Guy

Went shopping for a TV today since my old one finally took a dump on me. I figured a pawn shop might be a good place to at least look. Went to the Super Pawn off of DI and was promptly asked to leave. Three guesses why.

Anyway, below is the email I just sent them. I'll post if I get a response.

09 March 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Earlier today, March 9th, I visited the Super Pawn located at 3270 South Valley View Boulevard in Las Vegas, Nevada with the intent of spending in excess of 300$ to purchase a TV. When I arrived I was promptly asked to leave by the clerk behind the counter because I had my pistol holstered on my belt.

Her statement was that not everybody can just carry a gun.

I was disappointed with her statement and told her that I would take my business elsewhere.

I'd like to inform you that in the state of Nevada, its is perfectly legal to carry a pistol openly and concealed. I'd also like to inform you that major electronics retailers such as Best Buy, Wal Mart, Frys Electronics and many others make no issue with legal firearm carry. They welcome myself, and others like me who chose to legally carry firearms, and more importantly to a retailer, they welcome our money.

It is disappointing to me that you chose to set yourself apart as unfriendly to people like me that choose to engage in a completely legal activity that allows us, should the need arise, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Please know that as I'm sending this letter to you, I will also be making my experience known publicly in forums and events frequented by other firearms owners and firearm carriers. A group that more often then not has disposable income, income that should you not choose to change this policy will more than likely not visit you in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Name & Contact stuff.

Good letter

TBG

HK_dave

should have thrown in there somewhere:

"guns are expensive, we have money. and now we're taking it somewhere else"