• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Navy federal credit union

justin0829

NAVY FEDERAL ANTI FREEDOM

I'm aware that many of you know this already. But for those that do not, Navy Federal (probably the largest banking provider for the Armed services) have began posting "ghostbuster" guns, hoods/hats, and sunglasses signs on their branches. As of right now many have them but some do not for what ever the reason may be. There is a thread in the Virginia section on the subject.

I decided to post this thread here because there are retired, active, and family/associated military all over the country. Anyone that believes in what the common goal of this site is and has a NFCU account should have a major problem with this. Whats worse, to me in this case, is that NFCU is military/DOD exclusive. Basically they are taking a huge dump on the very freedoms that their members are or have sworn to protect.

What I would like to do:

Here's my idea (I will definitely need help with this). 1. start a petition and circulate it as much as possible between OCDO and other pro-freedom sites. 2. NFCU is member controlled, in other words if you have an account you can vote board members in and out of their positions. Now I am about 90% positive that very VERY few people even participate in this....as a matter of fact I don't even know of anyone that does. So that said collect information and get people in place that do have accounts to vote in people who want their job as a board member and are willing to do away with their anti-freedom policies.

Let me know what you guys think

since9

Campaign Veteran
Let me know what you guys think

I think I'm glad I'm not a member of the NFCU. I'm a member of another well-known credit union that has no problem with my OCing in their branches.

As for NFCU, the response that will carry the most impact is to withdraw all funds while making dang sure the branch manager and corporate know full well the reason you're doing so is because they refuse to honor or respect your Constitutional rights.

Last edited:

justin0829

How many times has a branch of Navy Federal Credit Union been robbed?

...not sure....but making sure that I cannot carry while "banking" I'm sure will prevent any from happening:rolleyes:.... Actually I think they should also post a ghostbusters sign next to the others that say you aren't allowed to rob them either, that should work...

eye95

...not sure....but making sure that I cannot carry while "banking" I'm sure will prevent any from happening:rolleyes:.... Actually I think they should also post a ghostbusters sign next to the others that say you aren't allowed to rob them either, that should work...

Well, if they post a "No Robbery" sign, then a "No Guns" sign becomes superfluous.