• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

say goodbye to the pontiac police.

detroit_fan

Good riddance! They harassed and attempted to intimidate law abiding citizens who were simply exercising their 2A rights. The OC Sheriff will be much better at following state law.

army74

Ppd

Im glad the residents and taxpayers can put this behind us. The council members are crying now about this. PPD has some great police officers and some bad ones it will be better for everyone involved.

kryptonian

can't say enough good about oakland county sheriff's dept deputies..every encounter has been positive and professional and educated and accepting of OC. hate to see them 'stuck' in pontiac but that's part of the job.

Rasher

They voted for it but as far as I know there is a stipulation that the OCSD must "absorb" the PPD officers or its a no go even though they voted yes. At least that's what one of the brass of the PPD said when all this started a couple of months ago.

army74

Ppd

Rasher there was only 38 patrolman anyway.They the PPD officers would have to file for a job there personell file comes into play.How many suspensions what for and how long

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
They voted for it but as far as I know there is a stipulation that the OCSD must "absorb" the PPD officers or its a no go even though they voted yes. At least that's what one of the brass of the PPD said when all this started a couple of months ago.

That makes sense. I have a hard time imagining police voting to end their jobs.

By the way, I'm still not sure I appreciate the "totality of circumstance" here.

Anybody care to get me up to speed? Thanks.

Rasher

I heard the assistant chief say(months ago) that for this to go thru, OCSD would have to commit to take at least 3/4's of the PPD force for it to be OK'd, he also let it slip that all moneys they would have gotten from the state/feds now would go to the ocsd, then he tried to back peddle real fast and change the subject. The SD seems to be doing way better money wise, and they COULD get more $$$$ for every ppd person they take, if there is any truth to this its a no brain-er to me.

Onnie

It seems to me, that just because the union is gone, doesn't mean the department will go away. I wouldn't say good bye to them just yet.

If I understood the Channel 7's report, the police chief was fired, and the department will shutdown at the end of April 2011.

I was not paying much attention, i was trying to sleep but I think thats what they said
2 nights ago

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
If I understood the Channel 7's report, the police chief was fired, and the department will shutdown at the end of April 2011.

I was not paying much attention, i was trying to sleep but I think thats what they said
2 nights ago
I reckon we'll find out come April.

Rasher

2 nights ago

Yes thats what they said.

Q, that union is still there, and will be untill the last officer punches out for the last time.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Last edited: