• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To gain some insight to LEO / OC

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I went over and read the entire thread. I saw several verified LEOs who sounded like regular joes that even if not supporting OC, supported and defended both law and Constitution. Everyone should be like this in a perfect LEO world. The other side of the coin is the "verified LEO" that posted .....
There is a move to make open carry legal in Texas, personally I'm not convinced. I have yet to meet an open carry advocate that didn't give me a strong feeling of "attention *****" about the subject.
Personally, I don't see any advantages to attracting the attention of random nitwits.
I am concerned about people like this. In any population group you have both good, bad, basically good w/ bad attitude, basically bad w/ good attitude. I see this individual as "I am the law" not "I uphold the law". If this type of mindset cannot be retrained and/or educated it will continue. I see LEOs as on my side. My personal backup as I go thru life. Service to community, service to country has always been very important to me. I do not know what "attention *****", I do not feel as tho I am a "random nitwit". I feel pretty focused. I am glad I live in Washington State

sudden valley gunner

I'm with you Trigger Dr LEOs are not the enemy

Good LEO's are not the enemy. Bad ones are. And much to often bad ones are just not "weeded out". Simple fact that they have a perspective, that is contrary to our inalienable right carry no matter what your messed up state law might be, says much about that person and his willingness to ignore the very constitution most of them swear to uphold.

We don't need LEO approval to engage, promote or carry out our inherit human rights, unless their perspective is in line with this I don't care to even entertain it. This doesn't mean that many cops are not the exact opposite what I described here. Even then I would still be for severely and strictly restricting their duties, departments and fundings and what and how they are to interface with the public they serve.

heresolong

One thing I have noticed over the past couple years is that the attitude in these discussions does seem to be headed our way. Two years ago this same discussion on another forum was either split or majority "if I see them they are going down". Now it seems like most are pretty laid back about it. Is this how you guys see it going and, if so, is this not a huge win for what we are doing?

sudden valley gunner

I don't know if the attitude has changed just that there are now documented and proven wins against them for it. So many will not be as outspoken against it.

Deanimator

It makes me sad to think we see a blue uniform and automatically think enemy
It makes me sad to think that a cop sees a lawfully carried firearm and automatically thinks enemy.

It makes me SADDER to think that a gun owner could REPEATEDLY see that happen and NOT think enemy.

But then again, I've seen plenty of Chicago cops (and their supporters) who see a 100lb. barmaid and think "punching dummy"...

Last edited:

Ajetpilot

It makes me sad to think that a cop sees a lawfully carried firearm and automatically thinks enemy.

It makes me SADDER to think that a gun owner could REPEATEDLY see that happen and NOT think enemy.

But then again, I've seen plenty of Chicago cops (and their supporters) who see a 100lb. barmaid and think "punching dummy"...

340x.jpg

And, NO jail time. The judge said he couldn't find any aggravating factors.
http://tinyurl.com/4asogn3

sudden valley gunner

View attachment 5427

And, NO jail time. The judge said he couldn't find any aggravating factors.
http://tinyurl.com/4asogn3

Yep thats the system we are supposed to trust right there.

The courts which are supposed to be a check on government power and intrusions and abuse have simply failed to do so in many cases. They have developed into one system with the prosecutors and the police.

The fact that this stuff happens and is publicly known and they still do it shows how much disdain they have developed for us, regular guys.

amlevin

Yep thats the system we are supposed to trust right there.

The courts which are supposed to be a check on government power and intrusions and abuse have simply failed to do so in many cases. They have developed into one system with the prosecutors and the police.

The fact that this stuff happens and is publicly known and they still do it shows how much disdain they have developed for us, regular guys.

Just remember that in Chicago, they have the best Justice System money can buy.