Thread: LEO has ND while holstering; hits himself and another LEO

Campaign Veteran

LEO has ND while holstering; hits himself and another LEO

Title of the video incorrectly states that he is putting his sidearm into the lockbox. He is actually removing it and holstering the sidearm when the ND occurs. After the ND, he walks away and leaves the gun lying on the floor in a hallway full of detainees!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c63_1299375791&c=1

This should remind everyone to ensure that there is nothing that can inadvertently engage the trigger while holstering. Untucked shirt, string on jackets, Fingers!, etc
    Last edited by bullseye; 03-09-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: add safety reminder
    "Rule 1: All Guns Are Always Loaded" - Jeff Cooper
    On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs - by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

OMG hes an idiot!!!!!

Glad no one was killed...looks like his ass is gonna be hurting for while...might be in more ways than one

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    title of the video incorrectly states that he is putting his sidearm into the lockbox. He is actually removing it and holstering the sidearm when the nd occurs. After the nd, he walks away and leaves the gun lying on the floor in a hallway full of detainees!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c63_129937
    SOP.

Last edited by marshaul; 03-09-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Another example of why citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry handguns. If a highly trained, highly skilled professional shoots himself in the ass...I mean, only our outstanding law enforcement professionals...uhhh, the police will take care of you. Just respect their authoratee....

"I am the only person in the room qualified enough to handle this gun." Who is more dangerous to LEO's, the bad guys or themselves?

Another example that any time you handle a firearm you increase the chances of a ND. We often say, A Holstered Gun is a Safe Gun. By removing a gun from it's holster and then having to reholster you are running a risk of something like this occuring. I understand that it's important to be disarmed in a jail/prison setting. I'm a former state corrections officer and would never want someone carrying into my area of the prison or near my inmates. So if you must disarm, be sure to handle your gun with care and when possible choose to leave the gun secured in it's holster while removing the holster from your belt. Lock the holstered pistol in the lockbox when able. It may take a bit longer to rearm if you have to put your holster back on your belt but keeping the trigger covered by the holster is a benefit that should be strongly weighed. This is a strong arguement for using a paddle holster if you are going to be locking up your weapon regularly.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    SOP.
    OR This...
    he was more concerned with the other OFFICER that was injured. He does quickly secure the weapon but it was after the time in which a detainee IF HE WANTED TO could have obtained possession!

Wonder why he didn't drop the mag and eject the round before putting the firearm away?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Another example of why citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry handguns. If a highly trained, highly skilled professional shoots himself in the ass...I mean, only our outstanding law enforcement professionals...uhhh, the police will take care of you. Just respect their authoratee....
    Yknow.... I'm starting to think that the reason why so many in law enforcement see firearms in the hands of the citizenry as dangerous is because they see what happens with firearms in their own L.E. hands so often.

Total Fail ! I might have laughed my butt off if one of the Illegals would have went for the gun & started shooting. Good thing that did not happen...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Yknow.... I'm starting to think that the reason why so many in law enforcement see firearms in the hands of the citizenry as dangerous is because they see what happens with firearms in their own L.E. hands so often.
    Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Very good point.
    Exactly. Psychological projection. Except our stats are better than theirs.
    Last edited by since9; 03-14-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.